lucky lucky spurs

Tartaruga said:
Anyway, we were lucky against Stoke as we played shit in the second half and half the time they would have equalised, but I guess that makes up for being unlucky against you guys the week before when half the time we'd have won.

I wish people would stop saying Spurs were unlucky against us. In what way were Spurs unlucky? Joe Hart is our feckin goalkeeper. He was part of our team. Him having a good game does not make us lucky. Were we unlucky because Bale played (he was your only attacking threat)?

We were second best, admittedly but luck had nothing to do with it. If you had strikers as good as ours, you may well have won.

I am quite happy to get a point at White Hart Lane with a team that was under-prepared (due to WC andf international friendlies - a fair few first teamers from Spurs picked up injuries they miraculously recovered from), we had new players, were missing first teamers and our LB played with a limp for 30mins.

Manc in London said:
Tartaruga said:
Anyway, we were lucky against Stoke as we played shit in the second half and half the time they would have equalised, but I guess that makes up for being unlucky against you guys the week before when half the time we'd have won.

I wish people would stop saying Spurs were unlucky against us. In what way were Spurs unlucky? Joe Hart is our feckin goalkeeper. He was part of our team. Him having a good game does not make us lucky. Were we unlucky because Bale played (he was your only attacking threat)?

We were second best, admittedly but luck had nothing to do with it. If you had strikers as good as ours, you may well have won.

I am quite happy to get a point at White Hart Lane with a team that was under-prepared (due to WC andf international friendlies - a fair few first teamers from Spurs picked up injuries they miraculously recovered from), we had new players, were missing first teamers and our LB played with a limp for 30mins.

Frankly we passed them off the park 2nd half - Hundredstone was chasing his own not insubstantial arse

marcspurs said:
I am one of the Spurs fans that has welcomed the signing of Gallas (for those days that Ledley can't play)...... similar to Vieira, Gallas is there for his winning mentality and CL experience... the same reason we bought Davids when we did, Naybet a few years back and Klinsmann going further back....

Time will tell if you have bought top top quality this summer.....
Fair enough, Yaya, Silva, Boateng and Milner have proven their quality elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

The PL is different and for Kolarov and Boateng they will find it tough until they get up to speed..... I am not sure why you needed Yaya Toure, or if he was worth what you paid... Silva is class and always has been.... my only question is how will he be without David Villa?

Many players are better with one partner..... Keane needs Sulkatov... Rebrov looked lost without Shevchenko..... but Silva is class.

I have not seen enough of Balotelli on the pitch, but have read about his behaviour off it... if Mancini can control someone Mourinho could not then maybe....

But the conundrum for RM..... Fitting, Adebayor, Balotelli, Tevez, Robinho, Silva, Milner, Jo, RSC, Toure, De Jong, A Johnson, Barry....... into a formation to make it work... and who works best with whom.... 12 into 6 positions does not go.... and that's without a mention for SWP, Vieira, M Johnson...... so in effect 15 into 6 leaves 9 not playing....

It is how those not playing accept it that is important for team spirit..... this is the main problem we have with Keane....he feels he has a divine right to play every game.... and can be a bad influence in the changing room..... the rest understand it's a squad game and they will all get 20-25 games a season.....

Oh I forgot about Gallas, you certainly needed a centre half, I just wonder how many of your hardcore will be pissed of at signing a former captain of your arch rivals? If he puts in mediocre performances early on, isn't there a chance the crowd will turn on him?

Yaya epitomises the type of dynamic box to box player we need if we are going to successful with a three man midfield. I really think this guy is the dogs bollocks and that isn't said through blue tinted specs. He's strong, quick, has lovely vision and great technique. The olny reason Busquets got in ahead of him was because he was Catalan, you know how political that club is.
As for Silva, he'll have players like Tevez and Balotelli around him and I'm sure he'll create plenty for them. He may need to be a given a bit more time to get up to speed with the physical nature of the league but his quality will shine through.

People keep mentioning Balo's temperament but let's be honest, that's hardly the full picture is it? He has been given abuse at various away grounds due to his race and the Italian media have in some parts blamed the racial abuse on Balotelli due to his attitude problem. This culture of accepting racism belongs in the dark ages and he won't find it here. He's also played under Mancini before which lessens any risk. I'd also suggest that he won't be going on the pop the whole time like a substantial amount of British and Irish kids which still affects the game over here. If he wants to strut around and dresses like MC Hammer, that's his business. I find it equally amusing when you see young white footballers with their metro-sexual demeanours, they are in the main just young fuckwits but who cares as long as they get it done on the pitch.

Yes, we've a big squad but we're in 4 competitions and I expect a few more faces to leave before the window shuts. For me, this is the strongest front six:
Barry
Yaya Milner

Silva Balo
Tevez

Robino, RSC, Jo will probably leave. Adam johnson will play a prominent role as will Adebayor and De jong but the rest will be bit part players ( league cup, nothing euro games), injuries permitting.

oneyeartillheaven said:
marcspurs.

4 of the 15 will not be here so that gets it down to 11 players for 6 positions 2 for each position means we are actually a player short.

Going off your logic how is Harry going to keep the 26 players happy you have quoted when there are only 11 spaces 26 into 11 doesn't go.

With 11 injured at the moment it is a moot point.... but Bale, GDS, Rose, Sandro, Walker, Naughton all don't have to be listed as they were all U21 on January 1st 2010.....

Harry has his 18 or 19 players he will pick from pretty much every week.... there are always 2 or 3 missing through injury, and a couple of youngsters will miss out each week (Saturday our bench was almost all youngsters), there will be 3 GK's and one will miss out each week.....

The 17 or 18 Harry will call on each week if they are all fit:

Gomes, Cudicini, Corluka, Dawson, King, Bassong, Kaboul, BAE, Bale, Niko, THud, Palacios, Modric, Jenas, Lennon, Pav, Defoe, Keane, Crouch, GDS.... is 20 players.... these 20 will feature more often than not...... We need 18 for each PL game.... Stoke away, Bassong, Cudicini, Modric, Pav, Defoe, Keane, GDS were all missing... some weeks some players will miss out, that's life, it happened last season and they coped.... some weeks we will be stretched for cover....

With Hutton and keane likely to leave we are 4 short for the 25....

The rumour at the moment is if we win on Wednesday then Fabiano will be joining from Seville..... Keane will go to Villa or Celtic.... Hutton to Brum, Everton or Sunderland....

As for the rest of the squad, they were all happy enough last season with injuries and suspensions everyone got good gametime..... Modric, Bale, Lennon, Pav all missed half a season.... they all know they have a role to play throughout the season....

City have bought a number of £20m+ players who all expect to play..... It's funny that the person that could have to make way for Milner is Gareth Barry..... RM's problem is managing the likes of Adebayor if he has to bench warm for 6 or 7 games....

blue_paul said:
Anyway Spurs fans, I've a question for you. You did very well last season and deserve your place in Europe but do you think so many high pressure games will be too much for your squad this season?
The likes of Arsenal, chelsea and that lot all have years of experience of juggling between competitions and although you've played UEFA football before, champions league is a different intensity altogether. I appreciate you've a lot of quality and no doubt Harry will buy again once you get past young boys but it must be a concern that you can play to your potential both at home and in Europe.
Thoughts?
It's a good point, but I think we'll probably end up playing less games than the teams in the Europa league, we'll avoid those horrible Thursday Sunday KOs, and the trips to the arse end of nowhere in east Europe, in all likelihood we won't get past the group stages anyway (positive eh?) and we'll probably play our second team in the Carling Cup, so I don't think we'll be harmed any more than our rivals are with the weight of fixtures.

blue_paul said:
As for City and their winning mentality, this is the type of culture the club is trying to harness now. The calibire of player we brought in are used to winning trophies at the highest level, as is the manager, and I think that'll be seen when we start to gel properly.

I think your manager is the biggest unknown, people say he's got a great record and it is on paper, but the reality is that he was gifted is first scudetto, played the second without serious rivalry (Milan docked points, Juve relegated, who else was any good?) and won his third on the back of the momentum picked up from the previous two seasons. I also think your recruitment policy looks un-thought out, you appear to have great depth in some areas and be very light-weight in others.

Manc in London said:

I think your kidding yourself to the degree with which randomness dictates whether a shot is within reach of the keeper's finger-tips, an inch inside the post, ricochet's off a player and in etc. more often than not with the clear-cut chances we had we'd have won. Well done to your keeper, because he was stupendous, but that doesn't stop you being lucky in that game.

As for the point about your pre-season, Spurs suffered to exactly the same degree. I think City look like they need a few more competitive games under their belt before they gel, unfortunately they may not have that luxury.

Anyway, good luck tonight, even if I'm hoping you draw!

bluethai said:
de niro said:
hate the twats, ...hate the fuckers with a passion.
THIS!

I know this is a City board, where other teams fans (for the most part) are made welcome and from what I have read and written, there has been some good banter, good debate and differing and different opinions on loads of subjects..... and then you get comments like this.

Why??

marcspurs said:
bluethai said:

I know this is a City board, where other teams fans (for the most part) are made welcome and from what I have read and written, there has been some good banter, good debate and differing and different opinions on loads of subjects..... and then you get comments like this.

Why??

Ahh come on mate, let's not get too precious about it. There be plenty of the sort of stuff on our own boards. That's what these forums are for at the end of the day!

Lets be fair, we had some great luck against spurs at times, I don't think we can deny that. No matter how we twist and turn it. Spurs played us off the park at times, and normally a team playing like that would at least score 1 goal.

Luck runs in cycles...... we were unlucky that Hart was on top form, Bale hit the post and missed an open goal....

We were lucky the ref on saturday decided for whatever reason not to give a goal.....

There is no point moaning about bad luck..... shit happens, there is no rhyme or reason unless you are Manure, but then that's not luck that's officials shit scared of upsetting old red nose.....

A question for you City fans..... why do you call them rags?? Just curious.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.