Lucy Letby infant murders trial - Guilty verdict (P 13)

Hard to fathom what could possibly motivate her to do something so abhorrent so many times.

The death penalty is too good for someone like this.

The motivation might have been some sort of sick pleasure in being in the centre of a tragedy. Sort of a sick vampire feeding off the parents emotions.

Think they have all gone already but they won’t be the only ones under the spotlight. This is a failing at the highest level. How there was no immediate red flag when 3 babies died in a week is remarkable. One death in 7 years since she left tells you how uncommon this is!
It is five years ago, you can guarantee most will have moved on to jobs in other trusts to avoid any possible internal disciplinary rather than sticking around with a target on their backs.

Pure evil

Just shows you, evil takes all forms. Pass her in the street or you would just think she was as normal looking as it gets.

I can't even comprehend how someone can do that, but I guess that's the point, you really can't put yourselves in the mind of these people.

Glad she was caught and jailed but I don't consider it to be any form of justice. No amount of jail or punishment could be considered justice for killing babies.

The senior trust management who ignored consultants’ concerns and actively tried to cover it up should be investigated and prosecuted. How many died that didn’t have to if there was proper management and safeguarding processes in place and actually used?
Unfortunately, the inquiry will be non statutory therefore those called before it will not be forced to answer questions and give evidence under oath. Prosecutions should follow for those board members who refused to carry out their duties to investigate Letby properly.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.