Lukas Nmecha

Was my initial reaction also.

But thinking about it a little more, could be a decent opportunity for him. It's only half a season, so its not like he's going to miss out on a full year of development if it goes tits up. The only senior striker at the moment they have is Duncan Watmore, so i suspect he'd go straight into the team. They're already heading for relegation, so there's nothing much to lose either (no-one would blame him), however if he scores a few vital goals he can basically help turn their season around - massive confidence and reputation boost.

Almost like a free hit for him.
Watmore is long term injured I think.

The only strikers they have are Maja (young academy product and not Championship quality) and James Vaughan (whos absolute shite and their fans hate him) so he should get some games up front.
I’m sure he would but that club is an absolute shambles ran by people with no idea. Wouldn’t want our bright prospect brought down by all the negativity.

I’m sure he would but that club is an absolute shambles ran by people with no idea. Wouldn’t want our bright prospect brought down by all the negativity.
I can see why people would worry about him going there but Coleman is renowned for being a good man manager, really gets players behind him. I think it is a fairly risk free chance for him to go to a huge club and become a hero by helping to turn things around. if they go down, nobody is going to point the finger at a kid who has come in for less than half a season.

I'd say 6 months playing every game at the really bottom-end would build some really good experience and character, in a survival battle and make a name for yourself if you pull it off. Huge test but a great challenge. Then come back in the summer with that under your belt to get a really good loan off the back of it, rather than going somewhere now where you'll be sat on the bench at a mid-table side because the incumbent striker has been built around and has a few goals under his belt this season.

It would be a huge opportunity and I hope he sees it that way.

I'd say 6 months playing every game at the really bottom-end would build some really good experience and character, in a survival battle and make a name for yourself if you pull it off. Huge test but a great challenge. Then come back in the summer with that under your belt to get a really good loan off the back of it, rather than going somewhere now where you'll be sat on the bench at a mid-table side because the incumbent striker has been built around and has a few goals under his belt this season.

It would be a huge opportunity and I hope he sees it that way.

That's a good way to look at it. Sure, Sunderland won't be playing a lot of attacking football but you'd have to think that any and every goal Nmecha scores for them will be a huge goal for a side struggling to find the back of the net. And as you mention, if the loan is only until the end of the season it gives him a chance to show other clubs in the Championship that he's a player available for loan next season.

Not a fan of loans to teams who are struggling. Buckley-Ricketts went to a bottom table FC Twente and got no playing time and left. We have loanees in league one in midtable teams who are doing alright. Roberts obviously did well being at a top table team in Scotland. Denayer did terrible at Sunderland last season as well; our players are not suited to playing for crap teams, their whole careers they played attacking football, having to revert is not as good as people think.

Nmecha may get terrible service at Sunderland and he'll be judged as a terrible player, I don't want that, I'd much rather a loan to better championship team (maybe Ipswich to pair with Celina), or midtable to top table league one team, or keep him in house, all of which is better than a loan to Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.