Luton Away

Sorry that’s bollocks. They’ve earned the right to be in the PL by dint of what they’ve done on the pitch. Let’s not start getting ahead of ourselves and demanding stadia with a certain capacity. The only metric for playing in the PL should be based on being good enough at football. If that means away allocations in the hundreds / low thousands a la Luton, Bournemouth, so be it.

Double like.

Always find these posts about Bournemouth awfully entitled. Who the fuck are we to demand other clubs must have this or that capacity? As long as they meet safety standards, it’s no one else’s business.

This pyramid system in England is unique in that fans of every lower and non league club can dream about doing a Luton, Wimbledon or Wigan. And making it to the top. However unlikely it is, it’s still possible.

Having some rule about 25,000 seater stadiums, as I’ve seen suggested on here, would rule out that dream for pretty much all of them, bar a handful who’ve been in the top league relatively recently anyway.

Bournemouth's problem is they don't own the land at present, it's leased and the lease has 5 more years to run. They want to build a new stadium of 20,000 capacity but they need to sort the land issue first.

Fair enough, but they probably signed the lease not expecting to be in the PL, under a previous owner (russian if I remember correctly ?).

Sorry that’s bollocks. They’ve earned the right to be in the PL by dint of what they’ve done on the pitch. Let’s not start getting ahead of ourselves and demanding stadia with a certain capacity. The only metric for playing in the PL should be based on being good enough at football. If that means away allocations in the hundreds / low thousands a la Luton, Bournemouth, so be it.
Why is it "bollocks" ? If clubs aspire to be in the PL, they should plan for it by having a stadium big enough (minimum 20000 for me). If they can't immediately have a stadium big enough, there should be a minimum of say 2000 away fans in every ground, they have a maximum, so why no minimum ?

It happens in other leagues, down the pyramid, and across europe, and I'm far away from "getting ahead" of myself by the way, but thanks for that generalisation.

None of it makes a difference to me anyway, as I wouldn't get one, even if it was 2000 and I wanted one.

None of it makes a difference to me anyway, as I wouldn't get one, even if it was 2000 and I wanted on
You think Luton and Bournemouth should build bigger stadiums so that away fans can get more tickets?
I like going to music and comedy gigs in smaller more intimate places.
I'm not overly fond of the large arenas.
That doesn't mean that one is any better than the other.

You think Luton and Bournemouth should build bigger stadiums so that away fans can get more tickets?
I never said that did I ?

I said if they aspire to be in the biggest league, they should plan for a stadium of suitable size (99% manage it).

So if they don't have one, and don't aspire to have one, there still should be a "minimum" amount for away fans (there's a maximum of 10% or 3000), and the rags only give "3000" despite having the biggest stadium (more like 2800 after "segregation" is taken into account), and we're just as bad to be honest.

Like I said a minimum of "2000", because it's not the fault of away fans, that these stadiums aren't a suitable size.

Anyway my last comment on it.

Become a steward and just ditch the uniform and slip in the away end.

I have 29600. My son just over 29200. Always have been in first sales window. Last time we were not in first window was Viktoria Plzen away where we only got 500 tickets and we were second window then.

This time we are third window. All games home and away all cup schemes and platinum but moving down the pecking order.

Will still get tickets but the above shows the decline in availability to the match going fan.

Not bragging or showing off nor being “I’m alright Jack” actually support and applaud the 18-25 scheme and not outraged by the supporters club allocation but when I stand behind 3 non regulars at burnley who say they’ve paid over £1000 each for tickets that’s where questions need to be asked.
similar to yourself i'm on 27,910 and although I do platinum and on all cup schemes and pick up the maximum amount of points on offer suddenly this season i'm able to buy at 2nd window for most games rather than the 1st I have been able to do for years and wondering how can i be moving down the pecking order

Is there anything stopping you buying a hospitality ticket for big £££ and helping to pay for it by flogging away tickets to tourists at inflated prices?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.