Luton Town (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Jack Grealish. Doesn't score as often but adds more control and calm to the team.

Alvarez is good at scoring but not an intimidating anomaly like Haaland.

I'm still not sold with Kovacic and Gvardiol. We have too many defensive players on the pitch, makes our team less threatening as we used to. Our possession control has been lower than last season (70% above ball possession has been our suit) and we have fewer chances.

It's against Luton so this is not our true form yet, with Luton in the last minute being close to our box and having corners done.

Needed the win, got the win. That’s all that mattered. First half we were a bit slow when we got near their box, more incisive second half. Beat Palace and then take some time to get some sun, hopefully win the cup and be ready for Everton which will be a tough game.

Take them for shooting practice from the edge of the box Pep, they frustrate the hell out of me. Good hard worked three points.

I wonder how long it will be before a PL player actually tries to take PGMOL to court for ALLOWING dangerous tackles in the first 20 minutes. Or for just allowing those sort of tackles to go unpunished even after looking at replays.

More years knocked off my life….

How that’s not a red is beyond believe, both feet in the air and studs showing!

Foden lucky not to have his leg snapped, thank fuck it wasn’t worse.

As I said in the match day thread at HT, "No panic. We've got this"
Luton played to their strengths and gave it absolutely everything, but our quality told in the end
I thought Ake was terrific again and I don't understand why he's not a regular starter
If we're missing anything, it's a player who can hit a decent ball into the penalty area
Perhaps we can but no one wants to take the responsibility!
Didn’t Pep say he couldn’t play 2 full games a week?

My view on today's game. We started off well, looked sharp and hungry and were easily in control but lost count of the number of times we were in a good position on the left and instead of firing a cross in Grealish would cut back for the pass. Think it took us 50 mins before Walker finally threw over a cross and caused them issues.
Luton looked to kick us all over the park and play to their strengths, get free kicks and corners and pump the ball up to their centre forward. Brown was allowed a two footed off the ground challenge.
Goal could have been avoided Ederson looked in the wrong position and should have came out and caught the cross, though fair play it was a good cross for the forward to attack. Apart from that defended their corners well.
Held on a bit nervously at the end but needed the win and 3 points to boost the boys confidence. Onwards and upwards to Palace at home.

Jack Grealish. Doesn't score as often but adds more control and calm to the team.

Alvarez is good at scoring but not an intimidating anomaly like Haaland.

I'm still not sold with Kovacic and Gvardiol. We have too many defensive players on the pitch, makes our team less threatening as we used to. Our possession control has been lower than last season (70% above ball possession has been our suit) and we have fewer chances.

It's against Luton so this is not our true form yet, with Luton in the last minute being close to our box and having corners done.
I thought Kovacic helped Rodri alot today, kept the ball moving and dug in when he had to, far better, looked like the player from early season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.