Luton Town (A) - Sun 10th Dec, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're absolutely right, that team would cruise past Luton. Unfortunately I don't think it's the one Pep will play.

I like most of the lineups I've seen put forward on this thread. It seems like many of us are wishing for a return to the team being fielded consisting of mainly the players who actually won the treble, with the new players being eased in one at a time.

That's certainly what I'd like to see. It'll calm the team down and allow the players to do what they know and start getting their confidence back.

However I don't expect that to happen. I expect to see Walker and Alvarez starting again (they shouldn't) and probably Doku if he's fit (it should be Jack), because Pep is stubborn as fuck and apparently determined to demonstrate that he has no belief in the saying that the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

I really hope I'm wrong though.
Spot on. I’ve been thinking / saying much of this for weeks. Pep has clearly been experimenting (and in some cases overplaying some who look knackered) but it’s time to get back to basics and base the team around available treble-winning players in their correct positions. Chaos-ball is all well and good against bottom table teams when we’re not under the cosh, but time to get back to what we do best.

I wonder if the refs will start to dish out the yellows for Rodri for the most minor of infringements, after all these cannot be rescinded or VAR'd. So we might only have another five games with him until the ban hammer slams down! Nothing surprises me anymore.

Must win, and by a large margin would do the team the world of good.

Call me a downer, but on current form, this is not nearly the walkover one would have dismissed it as about 4 weeks ago!

To be honest, I’d just like us to be a little more clinical with the clear chances and not ship any goals for a change!

I wonder if the refs will start to dish out the yellows for Rodri for the most minor of infringements, after all these cannot be rescinded or VAR'd. So we might only have another five games with him until the ban hammer slams down! Nothing surprises me anymore.
I think they have already. There was a lot of talk how Rodri commited fouls last season and never got booked,and there was a bit of that. Think this season referees have reacted and over compensated to that and booked him at the first opportunity.

I think they have already. There was a lot of talk how Rodri commited fouls last season and never got booked,and there was a bit of that. Think this season referees have reacted and over compensated to that and booked him at the first opportunity.
He needs to stop pulling or tugging shirts and putting his hands on players when a player goes past him. He’s giving the ref a decision to make however soft.

He needs to stop pulling or tugging shirts and putting his hands on players when a player goes past him. He’s giving the ref a decision to make however soft.
Yes, but these were the things he was getting away with and isn't now. He needs to get out of the habit because they are looking for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.