Luton Town (A) - Tue 27th Feb, 20:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with everything in this. That said, it is legitimate to be somewhat critical of our season (yes, I know full well, it's a season that just about every club in all four divisions would dream of having). We can do this without slagging players or the team off.
By our ridiculous standards, it's not been a vintage season, and I don't honestly think that's going to change. If we get even one pot, I'll be more than happy. Even if it's “only” the F.A. Cup. Which I still have enormous respect for, being ‘old skool’. I wasn't in Istanbul, but being at Wembley last June is one of my best memories ever in supporting City.
If we're runners-up in the league, and finalists at Wembley in the CL, I'll be somewhat disappointed, but accepting of it. Some players haven't been quite of the stellar level that they were last year, the loss of Gundogan is felt keenly, the best midfielder in the world has been out, one way or another, for most of the season. He's still having to be treated with kid gloves (which I approve of, by the way). One or two of our recruits are still bedding in. I have no doubt that they'll kick on next season, because that's happened so many times before (Rodri's only the most spectacular example, but others come to mind). These are mitigating circumstances.
To put some perspective into that, it could easily be said that up until this point last season you could say exactly the same things that you are saying there bar the gundogan thing, but most people forget what happened in the first two thirds of the season because of what happened in the last third.

We should be too strong for them regardless of who they play. They’ve, however, got a big fight on their hands to stay up, a long run in the cup will mean nothing in May if they get relegated.
Remember Brighton 83 and Wigan 2013. They both got to the final and both got relegated. Their cup runs didn't help them and it wouldn't help Luton. Staying up is everything to Luton Town.

I think the slight worry is its likely with the run of games coming up that we wont put anywhere close to our best team out mate where Luton will?
I'd rest Rodders and Super Kev, but even if he makes 5 or 6 changes I'll still back our chances. C'MON CITEH!!!

Agree with everything in this. That said, it is legitimate to be somewhat critical of our season (yes, I know full well, it's a season that just about every club in all four divisions would dream of having). We can do this without slagging players or the team off.
By our ridiculous standards, it's not been a vintage season, and I don't honestly think that's going to change. If we get even one pot, I'll be more than happy. Even if it's “only” the F.A. Cup. Which I still have enormous respect for, being ‘old skool’. I wasn't in Istanbul, but being at Wembley last June is one of my best memories ever in supporting City.
If we're runners-up in the league, and finalists at Wembley in the CL, I'll be somewhat disappointed, but accepting of it. Some players haven't been quite of the stellar level that they were last year, the loss of Gundogan is felt keenly, the best midfielder in the world has been out, one way or another, for most of the season. He's still having to be treated with kid gloves (which I approve of, by the way). One or two of our recruits are still bedding in. I have no doubt that they'll kick on next season, because that's happened so many times before (Rodri's only the most spectacular example, but others come to mind). These are mitigating circumstances.
"Somewhat critical" shouldn't even be in the conversation and should be replaced with " Entirely understandable ".

No club or team on the planet has faced the schedule, demands or expectation of City in the last three years during which we've won every competition we've entered including 3 tiles, UCL, ECC, WCC & the Treble.

To be deep into the 3 major competitions is remarkable given that our most influential player missed the first half of the season,Vikingo missed 6 weeks, and many other players have been in and out.

Our duty is to recognise the facts and support the socks off this remarkable group of players and the unique prospects ahead in the next 3 months.....Four in a row...A double...A TREBLE.

Sing yer hearts out for the lads !!

FFS the last thing we need is a draw.

THis is going to be another war, just like the second half on Saturday, hardly ideal with the games we have on the horizon and several key players running on fumes.

I think the slight worry is its likely with the run of games coming up that we wont put anywhere close to our best team out mate where Luton will?
Not sure Luton will either, they still have a decent chance of staying up and that must be their priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.