Luton Town (A) - Tue 27th Feb, 20:00 | FA Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the pessimism on here is unreal, i think maybe we have become too spoilt and forgot how good this team is and what it has actually done. Im not saying we will win but the fact is after winning the treble, we are a point behind in the league, 1 foot in the quarters of the cl and last 16 of the fa cup and we completely pessimistic because of a couple of off performances, 3 of which we still won and to talk about the team that apparently has no chance of winning:

ortega - german international linked with bayern last summer
Walker- England Internation vital part of a treble winning side.
Ake - Dutch International vital part of a treble winning side.
Akanji - swiss international vital part of a treble winning side,
Gomez - uefa under 21 championship player of tournament and top scorer.
Nunes - portugese international.
Kovacic - Croatian International , 4 times cl winner
Lewis - England International roundly lauded as one of the next great england players.
Bobb - Norwegian International, already scored a winning goal for us this year and just given a new contract.
Alvarez- World cup winner, 15 goals this year etc etc,
Doku - Belgian International , 4 assists in one game this year.

For gods sake we get slagged off by all and sundry outside the club it would be nice if we could put some respect on our own players name also, and im not being happy clappy as i recognise our performances recently havent been our usual self but we won 3 out of 4 of those games tbf.
I agree with what you say but Ortega has never played for Germany, mate. Good goalie, though.

I wonder if they will protect their first team squad for the PL fight and play one or two second string players?

We should be too strong for them regardless of who they play. They’ve, however, got a big fight on their hands to stay up, a long run in the cup will mean nothing in May if they get relegated.

from what i've seen, Luton have generally thrown everything at getting a goal or two, at the expense of shipping chances at their own end. United should have scored 6 easily, and Liverpool looked like scoring with every attack in the 2nd half of their match.

Really unsure on the team selection though. I think Nunes will play again, plus Lewis and possibly Grealish if fit.

We're playing Luton Town, yes LUTON TOWN. We are Manchester City. If Pep puts anything near a first team out we'll win. End of errand. As you were.

We're playing Luton Town, yes LUTON TOWN. We are Manchester City. If Pep puts anything near a first team out we'll win. End of errand. As you were.

I think the slight worry is its likely with the run of games coming up that we wont put anywhere close to our best team out mate where Luton will?

the pessimism on here is unreal, i think maybe we have become too spoilt and forgot how good this team is and what it has actually done. Im not saying we will win but the fact is after winning the treble, we are a point behind in the league, 1 foot in the quarters of the cl and last 16 of the fa cup and we completely pessimistic because of a couple of off performances, 3 of which we still won and to talk about the team that apparently has no chance of winning:

ortega - played all cup games last year in our win, linked with bayern last summer
Walker- England Internation vital part of a treble winning side.
Ake - Dutch International vital part of a treble winning side.
Akanji - swiss international vital part of a treble winning side,
Gomez - uefa under 21 championship player of tournament and top scorer.
Nunes - portugese international.
Kovacic - Croatian International , 4 times cl winner
Lewis - England International roundly lauded as one of the next great england players.
Bobb - Norwegian International, already scored a winning goal for us this year and just given a new contract.
Alvarez- World cup winner, 15 goals this year etc etc,
Doku - Belgian International , 4 assists in one game this year.

For gods sake we get slagged off by all and sundry outside the club it would be nice if we could put some respect on our own players name also, and im not being happy clappy as i recognise our performances recently havent been our usual self but we won 3 out of 4 of those games tbf.

Agree with everything in this. That said, it is legitimate to be somewhat critical of our season (yes, I know full well, it's a season that just about every club in all four divisions would dream of having). We can do this without slagging players or the team off.
By our ridiculous standards, it's not been a vintage season, and I don't honestly think that's going to change. If we get even one pot, I'll be more than happy. Even if it's “only” the F.A. Cup. Which I still have enormous respect for, being ‘old skool’. I wasn't in Istanbul, but being at Wembley last June is one of my best memories ever in supporting City.
If we're runners-up in the league, and finalists at Wembley in the CL, I'll be somewhat disappointed, but accepting of it. Some players haven't been quite of the stellar level that they were last year, the loss of Gundogan is felt keenly, the best midfielder in the world has been out, one way or another, for most of the season. He's still having to be treated with kid gloves (which I approve of, by the way). One or two of our recruits are still bedding in. I have no doubt that they'll kick on next season, because that's happened so many times before (Rodri's only the most spectacular example, but others come to mind). These are mitigating circumstances.

unless he's carrying a knock.

I think this is the case and he is playing within himself and just protecting something.

Maybe he is struggling to get match fit again and does not want to push it too far and blow up again, looking back on past injuries to the metatarsal with footballers, it can take a long time to heal and even surgery to pin it or remove the bone is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.