Luton Town (H) | Sat 13th April, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d play Erling as it’s a chance to get back in the goals and give him a confidence boost
I'd say he would want to play against them.
As far as I am aware they are the only club he hasn't scored against in the Premier league.
He did crack a good few past them in the fa cup, mind you.

On the whole our new additions have been pretty underwhelming to say the least.

On the whole that's rubbish.

Gvardiol has been largely good, though somewhat underestimated by some fans. I prefer him to Ake at LB, because he's better on the ball and has the stamina to run up and down the pitch over 90 minutes.

Kovacic has been decent. Doku has had really good games. He's only 21 and it's his first season in a new league.

The fact that Pep has started all of Gvardiol, Kovacic and Doku in many games shows he is relatively happy with their performances. And the fact that we are after another Treble shows Pep is right.

Nunes hasn't played enough, you might call him underwhelming. But better players than him struggled in their first season under Pep. Nunes won't be a Gundo or a Rodri, he is a different type of a player. He has helped us to rest players in some games, which is good enough for a squad player in his first season at that level. Let's hope he does well in some of the next games, because Pep has no choice but to rotate.

You don't think that team could beat Luton?

You need to have more faith in the players, that's still a good team.
Yes they should win but it brings the chances of us winning down. A real dilemma for sure because we absolutely need 3 points and a full strength team for RM. It's going to be an epic, mentally and physically exhausting week. Erling has to play on Saturday. He only had 17 touches all game against RM. He needs the match fitness and confidence.

Foden may want to play badly and further his chances of POTY, but I don't see Pep starting him.

------------------Ederson
Lewis---Akanji---Dias---Gvardiol
-----------------Nunes
---------De Bruyne--Alvarez
Bobb---------Haaland-------Doku

I'd be surprised if Eddie's not back between the sticks tomorrow. Although Stefan couldn't be blamed for any of the goals, I thought we missed Eddie's distribution against RM.

Edit - I've just seen the presser where Pep has said Eddie's no. 1 and will play tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.