Luton Town (H) | Sat 13th April, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they should win but it brings the chances of us winning down. A real dilemma for sure because we absolutely need 3 points and a full strength team for RM. It's going to be an epic, mentally and physically exhausting week. Erling has to play on Saturday. He only had 17 touches all game against RM. He needs the match fitness and confidence.
I'm not sure, if he's still carrying an injury i'd rest him.

Alvarez needs a goal too so i would play him as CF.
I like his energy so i think he would give Luton, different, but just as many problems as Erling.

I think Pep just needs to trust and use the squad and this game gives him the perfect opportunity.

Gvardiol has been excellent for past few weeks and looks a very good buy
2 of them are 21 and in a new league and foreign country for the first time.

Kova is experienced,steady and professional....and cheap.

Nunes was a surprise who looks lightweight but who could kick on next year.

Be interesting to see the swap deals that are done in the summer as clubs try to stay under psr.....ie Nunes + cash for Parqueta....Philips for Archie Gray....Bernardo for Musiala etc etc

There is the problem in your last paragraph. On the whole our new additions have been pretty underwhelming to say the least. Alvarez had been the best of them but his form.has dipped sharply of late. As a result our starting eleven is getting flogged to death.
They are part of a squad that’s a point off the top of the league, in the fa cup semi final and CL quarter final. We’ve come off a really tiring season, they’ve replaced the likes of Gundogan, Mahrez and Laporte, as well as bad egg Cancelo. I think they’ve done pretty well, albeit Nunez could have done better. Injuries haven’t helped such as KDB, Stones, Walker etc. I think your assessment is very harsh. I think Doku, Gvardiol and Kovacic have all done well, particularly given how difficult the first year working under Pep, which is a different planet to where they have been before

Foden may want to play badly and further his chances of POTY, but I don't see Pep starting him.

------------------Ederson
Lewis---Akanji---Dias---Gvardiol
-----------------Nunes
---------De Bruyne--Alvarez
Bobb---------Haaland-------Doku
If Foden wants to play it’s because he wants to play, not because he is thinking about personal awards. I’d be more pissed off if he didn’t want to play

Last edited:
They are part of a squad that’s a point off the top of the league, in the fa cup semi final and CL quarter final. We’ve come off a really tiring season, they’ve replaced the likes of Gundogan, Mahrez and Laporte, as well as bad egg Cancelo. I think they’ve done pretty well, albeit Nunez could have done better. Injuries haven’t helped such as KDB, Stones, Walker etc. I think your assessment is very harsh. I think Doku, Gvardiol and Kovacic have all done well, particularly given how difficult the first year working under Pep, which is a different planet to where they have been before

A decent counterbalance argument.

Still only 22.
Pep is building a young team, Gvardiol, Bobb, Doku, Rico, Julian, Everichi all under 23 I think with Dias, Stones, Haaland, Ederson, Ake, Akanji, Phil, Rodri, Jack, still plenty of years in them. Think we can get a season or two out of Kyle, Kev and Kovacic but they’ll be replaced, jury is out on Nunez and obviously Phillips will probably be sold, the rebuild is looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.