Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Can somebody tell me the current rule and why this isn't offside?

I don’t get it either the ball was played to him and he dummied it. Regardless of whether he touched It or not it is still interfering with play. Both the keeper and defenders are focussed on the player through on goal. It’s bizarre to even begin to claim he’s not having an impact on play for that goal.

I get the anger and disappointment, losing big games will always hurt and its natural to blame somebody.
This bollocks about Pep having an ego or trying to be clever has to stop though. He picked the team that he thought would work best against a very good Lyon team and although on the night several players didn't turn up, had things gone for us we'd have won the game in spite of some poor performances.
Talk of sacking him is insane, the only people benefitting from that happening would be the rest of the football World.
Nows the time to stick together, brush ourselves off and get prepared for next season.
It's not been pleasant reading this forum over the last 12 hours. There are a few posters who should be fucking ashamed of themselves with their comments.

Laporte is going to have a major wake up call when he gets back from holiday and sees Aké in training.

A left footed CB with all the pace we lacked in the back line, all the quality on the ball Laporte has and something to prove as he steps up to a top club - and he's had 6 weeks more rest between seasons.

If he was available I'm 100% sure we would have started with Aké in a 433 yesterday. And thats really fucking annoying.
I am just thinking we keep hearing City make detailed reports of player before buying them all aspects are taken into accounts even life style - we saw it with the cheerleader Mendy. And don't break transfers but ended buying some dodgy 40 50 players.

Why City didn't buy VVD? Mbappe when he was at Monaco. Is Mendy better than Angelino?

This is one of the dumbest things I've read on here for a while.

How can anyone leave primary school without understanding something as simple as a side can massively underperform for half a season and then start performing at their correct level when a new manager comes in and a final league position can bely their actual quality.

Add to that they had a bunch of big injuries including the captain that regained fitness in lockdown.
Over a season you finish where you deserve to. New coach comes in, players work harder to impress = honeymoon period. No team finishes in a false position. They finished 7th in a mediocre league. All teams have injuries.

When that team dropped I sat there for an hour and still couldn't work out the formation
3 at the back ? 2 holding?
And still when it kicked off couldn't work it out
Pep fucked up royally there
Completely over thought something that didn't need
I get needing to change formations depending on who we play but they were going to play how every team has this year sit back and counter. So why play a team and formation that we haven't done this season
He comes out and still says we are not up there with the elite. Well pep that is on you
Pep has been our best manager ever but he has to take 100 % blame on that performance players didnt know whether to stick or twist
Pep might sign an extension to his contract and we quite possibly win the league but we will not win the champions league with him in charge

Please tell me he didn't actually say that?

You should probably watch again.

Because what happened was that we did well in a 433 when they were defending a lead, and as soon as we equalised and they started attacking again, we conceded 2 goals in a 433.

No I’m not watching it again. Once was enough. In fact I’m not watching one second of football until we play our first match of the season.. I need a break from it

Not gonna argue the toss with you, I see it differently to you, that’s fine

I’ll save my energy for haunting rags if they lose later as they have made my life hell since about 10pm last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.