Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

I'm sorry, but I seem to want to rail against what a lot of you are thinking.

It wasn't so long ago that a few of us feared the club buying the best players would mean fruitless enjoyment of football as we marched relentlessly over weaker opposition. That never really happened. Why?

Cos we're City.

I was afraid when Pep came along that actual procession of victory would make us boring and it almost did, but just as that seemed a real possibility, we didn't. Why?

Cos we're City.

In fact, now, I liken Pep to 'Willy Wonka'; a mad genius, never happy with his invention, but always trying to improve it. And, like 'Willy Wonka' other rivals have tried to steal that formula or try and build their own version of what he does.

So, to me, you either adore 'Willy Wonka' with his mistakes and wonderful surprises or you loathe him.

Pep and City were made for each other and it's only downhill for the both of us when it's over.

Right at the end of BT coverage they showed a different view to the ‘ offside’ goal. The ref Puts his whistle to his mouth but obviously doesn’t blow it, was it for offside or foul ?
We will never know what his intentions were..strange

I have a recurring nightmare of City feebly being knocked out of the Johnstone Paints Trophy by Curzon Ashton in 2055, with Gundogan still stinking out our midfield, occasionally knocking the ball sideways with his zimmer frame.
Pep will still pick him every single fucking week
My opinion of this is starting to change. Is it really YOUR fault if your boss keeps picking you for a job you're not competent to complete or is it your bosses fault? Are you ever gonna say "No"? Gundo shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 but I'm not actually sure that's Gundo's fault at this point.

After saying every game is a final and then playing the equivalent of Peter Reid and me in midfield instead of Foden and Mahrez then he can be as intense as he likes. My Mrs is intense and she's a twat, that is why I make the sensible decisions based on the particular situation
Listen, I am not disagreeing with you, one iota....that is a good analogy.....peter reid....I awas just trying to see where he was coming from. And for the life of me.....I can't.

The offside is a moot point. The foul on Laporte was pivotal in Dembele getting the shot away. No foul - no goal.

If that was against Laporte in the opposition penalty area it would be given as a penalty.

I get the foul aspect.. I’m on board it should definitely have been chalked off for that alone. I’m just confused about the offside element as take the foul out of the equation to me he still interfered with play as he’s part of the movement with the dummy.

In the last two group games against Lyon we started Aguero, D,Silva, Sané, Sterling, Mahrez and B.Silva, D.Silva, Sterling and Jesus, that didn't exactly work, so forgive me for not thinking that playing 5-3-2 was "overthinking". A brilliant defensive Lyon, Individual misstakes and VAR to blame for our misery.

I think it will be Pep that decides our future not us.

And to be fair,i wont begrudge him that. 2 great record breaking seasons.

Barcelona are in trouble on,and off the field.Pep is connected to Club emotionally.His wife hates Manchester.Plus Covid fundamentally changed his life,and outlook,

The lure from his spiritual home might be too great.With Pochetinho waiting in the wings.He might feel he needs to seize the opportunity or lose it.

I also think Barcelona would see Pep as a Fireman,mediating between all factions at the Club,putting out fires.Right man at the right time.Rather than risking upheaval with Pochetinho.

Where as we are still a work in progress and perfect for Pochetinho and a new direction.

It is possible there will be an amicable parting of the ways over the next couple of weeks.

It is a real possibility in my opinion.He has completed a 4 year cycle which he says is the lifespan of his style and tactics.

And he has always said he will return to Barcelona at the right moment.

This might be it.

We will see.
Fine by me. Lets do a swap.

My opinion of this is starting to change. Is it really YOUR fault if your boss keeps picking you for a job you're not competent to complete or is it your bosses fault? Are you ever gonna say "No"? Gundo shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 but I'm not actually sure that's Gundo's fault at this point.
Nope its on Pep for being blind to the obvious limitations of his Teacher’s Pet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.