Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Can’t sleep. Lay here with my mind turning over trying to figure out how Pep managed to get it so wrong

It won’t happen and I don’t want it to.. but lesser managers would be sacked for such a monumental fuck up at such a crucial moment

Just not our night. Our match winners were not quite sharp enough in front of goal.
Having said that I think we win the game if VAR does its job and rules out their second.

That's very Raggish , did you know 80 odd of the clubs in the four divisions win f*ck all every year, you can bet your bottom dollar if the Rags or Villa had won the Carabao Cup it would be massive , maybe we have been spoilt.
No its not Raggish at all. City is now a global club which depends on massive investments/sponsors. Investors/sponsors expect the club to win competitions in order to attract a global audience and remain relevant. The city of old served as a foundation however this is new city, one that is expected to win every competition that we enter. That is the winning mentality. We've evolved past the mom and pap team or else what's the use of spending 300 miilion on a squad?

Pep played a team set up to fear Lyon, instead of making them fear him. He got what he set out to do.

im reminded of the scene in “All or Nothing” where he talks about playing with courage. He didn’t and a better manager, with a better plan, beat the better team today. That’s coaching!
Said the same to my wife.

If you expect the team to go out there and play with courage, then you to have to also manage with courage.

He didn't do that.

What I also noticed they outmuscled us so hard. Every long ball we lost the duel after that
Almost as if they knew they could go in hard and the ref would wave play on , while on the other hand the merest touch against them would have the ref blowing his whistle for a free kick ,or in the case of Cornet it didn't even need a touch , just the merest waft of air from a passing City player and he was down , with the ref buying it every time..

Can’t sleep. Lay here with my mind turning over trying to figure out how Pep managed to get it so wrong

It won’t happen and I don’t want it to.. but lesser managers would be sacked for such a monumental fuck up at such a crucial moment
Me too. He’s paid a fortune and was brought in to win this competition.
i hope he has the nous and passion to rebuild the team, hunger and tactics for next season. His stubbornness and seemingly unwavering loyalty to players like gundogan worries me though. Oh and he needed to start playing Foden too! Thank god that boy is a blue, he’d of left by now if not

As much as I hate Munich, I hope they batter Lyon purely for the pathetic play acting and diving they did. How the ref did not book the guy who spent most of the game on the floor for his pathetic dive to try and get a penalty is beyond me.
Nah fuck Bayern.

I hope Lyon get 7 penalties and Bayern have 3 players sent off.

All wrongly.

I didn’t think I cared that much to be honest with the COVID situation but I was gutted at the end.

Sat amongst a healthy number of rags at the local cricket club who gleefully soaked up our shit show (not so sure the dippers are our number one enemy any longer after tonight) even starting plenty of anti-City songs! Bitter twats.

Anyway, great isn’t it fans questioning Pep’s ability; what a very short memory some have.

Individual mistakes at both ends of the pitch saw us off tonight not good enough from the PLAYERS.

A couple of worrying aspects of our game appears to be the desire and hunger, like Arsenal in the semi we were fucking second to too many balls, plus this bullshit ‘tikka takka’ style we claim to play needs some decent passages of play stringing together more than two decent passes, our accuracy getting the ball to a teammate has been woeful at times this season.

Anyway, I wanted to be there where lift Big Ears, so I glad we fucked up.

Credit where it’s due Lyon are better than we think, plus Bayern aren’t as good we think.

Night Blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.