Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

They're a good side but nowhere near us in terms of quality. Last night is all on the manager and his decisions.
You finish exactly where you deserve to whatever league you're in - you finish 7th, you're 7th best over the season even if it's curtailed. Ifs whats and maybes don't come into it. Lyon have had poor spells and good runs - hence 7th.

People keep repeating this but it is bollocks.

Lyon are the second best team in France, the had a disastrous managerial appointment in Sylvinio who dropped them down to 17th, but as soon as Garcia came in they surged back up the table and if the season hadn't been curtailed by covid, they'd have finished in the top 4 like they always do.

They beat Juventus a week ago and took PSG all the way to penalties a week before that.

They are a good side.
Still a Lyon, a team who can'y buy a 20m player. What is the meaning of buying 40 et 50m players when they look the same as 6.5m player like Denayer?

Shit can happen when you lose 1:0 against a bus team but after creating many chances and dominating every aspect of the game not against a lesser team in 4 years in a row. Monaco Spurs Liverpool and now Lyon.

As for Juventus yes they are terrible but at least they reached a final in those last years what about City?

how on earth did Cornet not get booked for diving - it was not only the penalty dive but he did it several times elswhere on the pitch - the ref was conned badly there - clever move them complaining he was dutch before the match and 'coild be biased' he tried hard not to be - too hard! Missed chances and inadequate defending all season is the story - needs a rebuild of defence mainly- make that solid -we will score goals with our machine- roll on next season and lets stuff those dippers and rags

You very rarely see bookings for diving in CL games and thats why these teams continue to go down under the slightest touch (or no touch). What it means that is that the game is continually stopped as the referee is conned throughout the game. The officials don‘t seem interested and the game as a spectacle suffers. It’s been going on for years and for me I don’t enjoy watching these games for this reason.

There has been a consistent theme of the type of goal we have conceded ever since Garcia became a starter.

They have been lost in foot races or Ederson caught in no man's land as a result.

Out backline is painfully high and slow, further exposing the various levels of pace amongst individual defenders.

You have Garcia and Laporte always trying to play offside and Walker hanging back closer to goal (even though it's his raw pace we rely on to get us off the hook)

Last night is the first time I felt the fans and players weren't bought into what Pep was trying to achieve.

It's a worrying period with little turnaround time until the new season and continued fault lines throughout the defensive midfield and entire back line.

Agreed. Laporte also seems to lose out in his fair share of 50/50 tussles too, where physicality and strength need to come into play

This doesnt seem to be picked up but for Lyons second goal when the attacker dummies the ball the ball brushes his foot. Can see above at about 40 seconds. They showed this in the game last night with super closeup. (Has anyone got a clip?)

It doesn't matter now we didnt play well but this was the pivotal moment in the game.

Last edited:
Another weird statistic this Season.

How did nearly every defensive calamity we make result in a fucking opposition goal ?

Seriously this season for me Its been like wtf ?

Matters not if we fucked up at the back against Real Madrid,or Norwich City.99.9% of the time they were all converted in to goals.Many of them actually decided games we lost.It has been an astonishing conversion rate.Some shit players on barren runs scoring also.

funny as fuck reading the shit on here. Pep out lol. nice try lurking cunts.

so.
yes he did it wrong so what ,we go again next season.
my worry is that injury has done Laporte. i think City know that,hence the Ake purchase .

that starting midfield was suicide .

and after all that UEFA still needed VAR to defeat us.

You very rarely see bookings for diving in CL games and thats why these teams continue to go down under the slightest touch (or no touch). What it means that is that the game is continually stopped as the referee is conned throughout the game. The officials don‘t seem interested and the game as a spectacle suffers. It’s been going on for years and for me I don’t enjoy watching these games for this reason.
A lot of super fit and muscle ripped young players are happy for half the planet to see them screaming like children, bottom lip quivering when there's the slightest touch. Look at my muscles, but if you touch me I fall over. Wimps. Did Lyon ever stop crying?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.