M6 Toll

When travelling down to Southampton for cruises I always use the Toll road as I find it very relaxing, however the cost has escalated a lot in recent times so I am thinking of giving it a miss when I go down in August.

Last Cruise I was on we met some nice people who drove out of the Car park just as we were putting our suitcases in the car. I caught up with them just on the outskirts of Birmingham and tooted as we passed them. I continued on to the Toll road but noticed in my rear view mirror they they had opted to stay on the M6. When we left the toll and were approaching Stafford there they were in front of me. Doesn't seem worth spending the money when it is obviously a slower route.
You can afford to go on cruises but object to paying £7 on a toll road ha ha

When travelling down to Southampton for cruises I always use the Toll road as I find it very relaxing, however the cost has escalated a lot in recent times so I am thinking of giving it a miss when I go down in August.

Last Cruise I was on we met some nice people who drove out of the Car park just as we were putting our suitcases in the car. I caught up with them just on the outskirts of Birmingham and tooted as we passed them. I continued on to the Toll road but noticed in my rear view mirror they they had opted to stay on the M6. When we left the toll and were approaching Stafford there they were in front of me. Doesn't seem worth spending the money when it is obviously a slower route.

On the other hand last time I used it in May the traffic through Brum in the regular M6 was a standstill with major tail backs to the toll. Radio was talking about hour long delays. There was none on the toll road.

Always use it when driving down South and back up, if i ever miss going on the toll by accident (sometimes on autopilot and just forget to follow the toll) then i always regret it. The only thing that would improve it is if they automated the system so you could just pay online either before or after, having to slow down and then race with other cars to get into lane seems so backwards.
So i used this on Saturday for our drive down to Landan, the drive itself through the toll was fine as always but the toll was so busy. There were queues at every gate and you obviously get at least one nobhead who wants to pay cash but doesn't have it ready so it ended up at least 10-15 mins waiting. It's been there for so long you would have thought they would implement a newer method like a lot of other places have.

Was on it yesterday coming back down South after a family wedding, 20 odd miles of utter bliss and freedom, after 50 miles of roadworks and utter pain and suffering.. Worth every penny as far as i am concerned...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.