Macclesfield FC - Robbie Savage appointed Head Coach (P 14)

If you mean by the current name it’s Leeds United I think but they had been known by previous names like City were Ardwick

Leeds United were formed in 1919 as a phoenix club very soon after after Leeds City were wound up by the FA for making illegal payments to players. They were managed by Herbert Chapman 1912-1918 so it looks like he got out just in time.

The PL could double the money but how does that help clubs like Bury being deliberately run into the ground by dodgy owners?
Nothing but it was more a response to people claiming that they should switch to regional leagues to save money. If that's necessary then it means not enough money is trickling down.

AFC Wimbledon are a continuation of Wimbledon FC. MK Dons handed the history back but they need to remove Dons from their name, IMO. I'm not a violent guy but I once nearly got in a fight on the tube with an MK fan when I casually asked him who he'd supported before his club was founded. He got really aggressive.

What about regional divisions? Third Divisions North and South sounds familiar. It would not make the slightest difference the money will still be concentrated at the top.

AFC Wimbledon are a continuation of Wimbledon FC. MK Dons handed the history back but they need to remove Dons from their name, IMO. I'm not a violent guy but I once nearly got in a fight on the tube with an MK fan when I casually asked him who he'd supported before his club was founded. He got really aggressive.
Agree with you, however a correction neither AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons are regarded as a follow on from Wimbledon FC neither side are able to use the historical records.

I
AFC Wimbledon are not a continuation of Wimbledon. FC and MKD did not hand the history back
MKD agreed to stop using Wimbledon's history as their own. They handed back the domain name to AFCW (so no one could use it) and the replica FA Cup was handed over to "neutral" Merton Council (the borough Wimbledon is part of) and is on display in a library in the borough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.