Macclesfield FC - Robbie Savage appointed Head Coach (P 14)

Now that I didn't know... I stand corrected.
I was part of the FSF when the negotiations were taking place (not that I had anything to do with it) but the FSF acted as peace broker. It was said the Israeli - Palastinian dispute would have been easier to work with!
In return for handing over the domain name, the FA Cup and dropping the history from MK"s name, AFC W agreed to call off the away fans boycott of MKD home games

Southend in my neck of the woods owe nearly £500,000 - ridiculous sum, dragged down by property developer chairman who has no feeling for club or supporters. Been on the edge so many times, general feeling is this time this is it - crying shame that one person can bring about demise of whole club.
Southend were up for winding up today in the same court session as Macc, they were given an extension period on a similar figure. I would imagine without an investor stumping the money up they could be gone too.

Seems to me reorganising league structure would have been irrelevant to Macc as would any financial help.
The crook who owned them was going to help himself to any cash around, like he did to the loan the club got to pay players’ wages. They never got a penny.

With no gate receipts and reduced prize money this year in cup competitions the lower divisions are in for a tough time.

I think a few more will get into trouble financially with no real income for months. Southend are mentioned as being one whom owe tax and in court in October.

The economy was struggling to provide disposable income for 96+ professional teams before China released COVID. I can see anywhere between 30-40 clubs going the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.