Madchester Bands That Just Missed The Train....

There was a band called ignition mid to late 80's ,changed there name to ambitious beggars. The lead singer was Johnny bramwell now lead singer with I am kloot.I thought they had a good sound.not technical enough to put clips or music on.

If anyone is interested Dub Sex have reformed and are playing are playing at Sound Control. I have seen them three times now since they have got back together and they are getting better and better each time.

Just to add a few more to the list:

King of the Slums

The Orch

The Mad Jacks

Machinegun Feedback

Hollywood Blue said:
Most of those above are shite, but what about Puressence and The Chameleons?

How Puressence were not huge is beyond me. Fantastic singer and a couple of albums of quality records. I listen to bands like Elbow who ended up headlining festivals and I can not work it out.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLEPOCDDp_I[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIR5qul0FIs[/video]

Hollywood Blue said:

The clue was in the title my dear Hollywood Blue lol - Madchester!

Someone mentioned Molly Half Head, yes, Burnage's finest, until, er, you know who.
And a shout for the Waltones. One of them left to join The Charlatans where he still remains!

garfresco said:
Anyone remember Molly Halfhead?
Great band the lead singer went on to form a band called wireless I think.

I remember audioweb, wonky alice, marion, the mock turtles all great bands. Still have my 12" of perfume by the Paris angels loved spending saturday afternoons in piccadilly records. Was going to mention northern uproar but they may have been a bit later 95 or 96.

ps thanks to op im in bed with flu and its cheered me up no end although ive just realized how old I am.

Hollywood Blue said:

fucking great band the Chameleons, great shout mate, still worth seeing now, and wotsisface the singer has rather fine taste in football clubs, saw them at Strummercamp when the rags got leathered by Barca in the CL final, made me a very happy chappy :)

were intastella a manc band? digged out a cd by them which has tracks called manchester and ancoats so guess they were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.