Madness

Uwes Grandad said:
trublue55 said:
After 34 years without a trophy, this was a golden opportunity missed.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton all out. this was a trophy we could have won. Just cast your mind back to last seasons quarter and semis against Arsenal and United, boy we wanted it then. What on earth now makes us think we are good enough or big enough to just chuck away possibly our best chance of winning something.

If we win on Saturday it will be a master stroke from Mancini but I can't help think that it smacks of arrogance. Surely we could have started with a few more first teamers. At the moment, I am really annoyed but if we get three points on Saturday, I will hold my hands up and agree that the right decision was made.

No it won't be a master stroke at all, Uwe, because our position is virtually unique by comparison to our rivals. Our second string is almost as good as our first. We could have gone for the win in both matches but he played a team of inexperienced strangers and now I have to go to work tomorrow and pretend that I don't give a shite. But I do.

trublue55 said:

Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton all out. this was a trophy we could have won. Just cast your mind back to last seasons quarter and semis against Arsenal and United, boy we wanted it then. What on earth now makes us think we are good enough or big enough to just chuck away possibly our best chance of winning something.

Couldn't agree more.

Unlike Chelsea, we're not in the Champs league. We've won fuck all for 34 years. What gives us the right to be this picky about which trophies we win? Fuck that shit attitude, what a goddamn disgrace.

Mancinis stubborness is going to make it 35 yesrs without a trophy,
Craig Bellamy, Seany, Adebyor,Johnson, Petrov, Zabelettta, Onuaha should be our seccond string not 4 debutants a past it Viera and the Brazilian Big Fat Bob.(talent not size).
Big opportunity missed, Wembley again only a dream.

NewbBlue said:
trublue55 said:

Couldn't agree more.

Unlike Chelsea, we're not in the Champs league. We've won fuck all for 34 years. What gives us the right to be this picky about which trophies we win? Fuck that shit attitude, what a goddamn disgrace.

Too Firkin Rite, call it arrogance or being naive I dont know but the blues who went to the game tonight will be well pissed off seeing an eds 11 bar a couple of players lose a full strength west brom team. This starting 11 was nowhere near strong enough , what was Bobby thinking ?

MainstandDan said:
Mancinis stubborness is going to make it 35 yesrs without a trophy,
Craig Bellamy, Seany, Adebyor,Johnson, Petrov, Zabelettta, Onuaha should be our seccond string not 4 debutants a past it Viera and the Brazilian Big Fat Bob.(talent not size).
Big opportunity missed, Wembley again only a dream.
One of the best comments I've read on here ha ha ha, totally agree.

Absolutely frustrated.

I know top 4 is the be all and end all but only to Mancini and the hierarchy.

To us fans we just want a trophy, any trophy!

Just maybe 3 more senior players tonight would have been enough.

Looking at the teams left in makes it even more frustrating. If we don't get fourth now he needs bloody shooting, to coin a Cloughy phrase!

However if we had Kolarov and Boateng fit he could have used Zab from the start. Vidal had an absolute mare. The midfield 3 Vieira, Ibrahim and Johnson was over run mainly due to PV being too slow and Johnson too wide and Ibrahim just not quite good enough. If Milner had started Im sure it would have been different.

Oh hum!!!

Skibum said:
I know top 4 is the be all and end all but only to Mancini and the hierarchy.

To us fans we just want a trophy, any trophy!

I'm not having a go, I don't agree but I do respect your opinion. I would love to know whether supporters would generally choose winning the Carling Cup over coming 4th though. I know I wouldn't but realise that some would. A poll might be interesting.

I'm 40. I want to see us win a trophy-this year. I can personally wait another year for 4th. I am not naive enough to think that the owners and Roberto Mancini agree.

With our squad we should be doing both top 4 and winning a trophy to be honest.

Personally I'd love a trophy first. Just my preference.

Skibum said:
I'm 40. I want to see us win a trophy-this year. I can personally wait another year for 4th. I am not naive enough to think that the owners and Roberto Mancini agree.

With our squad we should be doing both top 4 and winning a trophy to be honest.
Personally I'd love a trophy first. Just my preference.

I think we might do both. And hopefully the trophy we win will be one that other teams take seriously and is therefore of some merit. Mancini didn't invent treating the Carling Cup with contempt, pretty much every other top club does it. I'd love to win a trophy but seriously if you wanted me to choose specifically between 4th or the Carling Cup, there would be no choice to be made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.