Madrid away

Now you are a true blue, thinking of others before yourself, what a guy. A ham museum what could be better, well a ham museum that sells beer and ham !!! I think this could be the place.

At the risk of missing the humour on here again ;) I posted some tips about Malasaña and that area, including that Irish pub, plus stuff about taxis etc earlier.

If anyone remembers that video of the Blues getting their heads cracked by the Paramilitary police that was just because a nosey neighbour called the police when she couldn't drive her car straight into her garage. That's all it took for five riot vans to arrive with the coked up inside ready to smash young, old female heads. Which they did.
Anyway, some may find some of the info useful so posting it again here.

Madrid is such a great city for football if you can avoid the main tourist shite.
Have a great trip Blues.

@nijinsky That is a great call re Malasana, The Plaza Mayor is the training ground for the Fascist thugs otherwise known as the Madrid cops. There are so many brilliant areas full of bars etc away from there. We will be heading for that area for certain.

They often threaten that. Just like the breathalysers. Never happened to me. To be on the safe side, don't arrive when its quiet. I reckon best time is about 30 - 45 mins before kick off. There's not many drinking suggestions on this thread, more in terms of areas to avoid. Be good if someone could reccomend a good place to meet up. At the mo I'm about 2km west of stadium in a beer, rock and footy TV bar which is ok but might be better atmosphere nearer centre. Any suggestions anyone?

After what happened in 2016, I'd say that's the worst possible time to arrive and it may be better to get there a lot earlier in my opinion. While there's absolutely no excuse for the utterly disgaceful behaviour of the Madrid police that night, if most City fans are dropping on the stadium half an hour or so before kick-off, that's what seems to contribute to most of the issues.

If some of you want a quieter hour before the bedlam, try San Miguel market just down the road from the Plaza mayor. Good beer, wine and grub too.

Got the email of the club says summert about removing footwear on entry , wot the f@@k is that

The market is well worth a visit some really good food stalls. Wouldn't bother with the bars in Plaza Major.
A couple of good food/bars close to ground mainly frequented by locals .

Got the email of the club says summert about removing footwear on entry , wot the f@@k is that
Yes got an email stating this and photo I'd.
They advise you to be in the ground at least 1 hour before kick off.
Usually don't bother with that advice but I will tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.