Madrid away

Not been to the new stadium, but went to the Calderon. Saw Atleti v AC Milan in a CL QF (day before we played Barca). Excellent atmosphere.

Enjoy your trip.
Great second half from Atletico.
Great ground,the best I have been to.
Great atmosphere with a singing section that works.
Subway good too.

Anybody know if there’s any truth in the club saying they’ll check our passports on entry? Got a few in my group with tickets in other people’s name.

And any tips for the best place to booze pre game?

Has anyone had the email from City about the breathalyzers at the turnstiles yet? Maybe just leave it until the morning of the game again like Zagreb (when many would have already failed the test)!!!

Did you get one or just insinuating one will come? I haven’t even got the check in detail email off City yet which a lot seem to have for! Got it for Atalanta alright but not this time. I fly out at 6am tomorrow morning

Anybody know if there’s any truth in the club saying they’ll check our passports on entry? Got a few in my group with tickets in other people’s name.

And any tips for the best place to booze pre game?
They often threaten that. Just like the breathalysers. Never happened to me. To be on the safe side, don't arrive when its quiet. I reckon best time is about 30 - 45 mins before kick off. There's not many drinking suggestions on this thread, more in terms of areas to avoid. Be good if someone could reccomend a good place to meet up. At the mo I'm about 2km west of stadium in a beer, rock and footy TV bar which is ok but might be better atmosphere nearer centre. Any suggestions anyone?

They often threaten that. Just like the breathalysers. Never happened to me. To be on the safe side, don't arrive when its quiet. I reckon best time is about 30 - 45 mins before kick off. There's not many drinking suggestions on this thread, more in terms of areas to avoid. Be good if someone could reccomend a good place to meet up. At the mo I'm about 2km west of stadium in a beer, rock and footy TV bar which is ok but might be better atmosphere nearer centre. Any suggestions anyone?
The City on tour group have posted on Facebook that the meeting bar is ARRABAL in Plaza Mayor.

Unfortunately I have just been contacted by Madrid Municipal Museum, due to industrial action by staff, all museums will be closed for 3 days starting tomorrow. I suppose I will just have to go on the piss then.

Only seen a handful of blues in Madrid so far. I've had a good walk round today in the sun, the local people are quite welcoming too. Is there any meet ups arranged for match day or even before please.

So as I said I'm sat in this bar (great music and beer by the way) - got my city shirt on - and they put on a replay of the Leicester game just for me (didn't ask) - bless them. Think I'll come here tomorrow to watch barca game - could be interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.