Madrid roll call

citytill1die84 said:
2 of us on the Thomas Cook day trip anybody know flight times I've heard f@@k all. Can't wait for this £350 before we've had a drink but it's going to be well worth it :)

Yours truly is going to be one of the MCFC Stewards on your flight and bus transport - not yet had our itinery although was told flight would be at 9.20am.

y would any 1 do the thomas cook trips or spikes trips when there well dear. when you can do it yourself for half the price weird

elanoblueboy said:
y would any 1 do the thomas cook trips or spikes trips when there well dear. when you can do it yourself for half the price weird
Some people haven't got the luxury of knowing they are guaranteed a ticket for european away games.
Thus they have to wait, make sure they have a ticket and then book their travel, which, by that time, has been inflated drastically by the airlines wanting to cash in.

elanoblueboy said:

Because we don't have to fuck about arranging transfers to and from the match. Holidays in work also another factor as I only need 1 day off. Loads of reasons why people do it plus its simple.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:34 pm --<br /><br />
Trigger said:
citytill1die84 said:
2 of us on the Thomas Cook day trip anybody know flight times I've heard f@@k all. Can't wait for this £350 before we've had a drink but it's going to be well worth it :)

Yours truly is going to be one of the MCFC Stewards on your flight and bus transport - not yet had our itinery although was told flight would be at 9.20am.

9:20 sounds good :)

citytill1die84 said:
I have been told that flights out are at 8am off my uncle he said he phoned Thomas cook and asked, apparently we arrive back in Manchester at 3ish don't know if he was telling truth or not,

When everyone is in Madrid are most people going to be in the town centre during day in the bars around there?

elanoblueboy said:

Cost is not a deciding factor with everyone , it may work out more , but not by a massive amount when all things are factored in .

No stress , flights , transfers to a central drop off point in Madrid , free time , collect again and taken directly to the ground , game , back off to the airport . Central contact if things go tits up etc . Actually think it is pretty good value

Biffo123 said:
elanoblueboy said:

Cost is not a deciding factor with everyone , it may work out more , but not by a massive amount when all things are factored in .

No stress , flights , transfers to a central drop off point in Madrid , free time , collect again and taken directly to the ground , game , back off to the airport . Central contact if things go tits up etc . Actually think it is pretty good value

Agree.
Personally I make my own way, I take a week off work and fly out Mondays travel back Friday (flights cheaper). I prefer to make holiday off it and see the city we are playing in. If I am spending that sort of money and travelling time I want more than an afternoon drinking and 90 mins of football. I have always managed to do the week (flights and hotel) for at least £100 cheaper than Thomas Cooks 1 night stay.

Thats what I prefer, others don't like the idea of getting from airport to city centre, working out how to get to the ground, or cannot get the time off work, for those TC and Spike offer what they want. Price is not always the most important factor, what you get for your money is.

We prefer the adventure of doing the trip ourselves that way we can do what we want when we please, there's nothing like ending up in the middle of nowhere and not having a clue where to go ! Like in Poznan.It's all part of the trip and Madrid is pretty straight forward.

I can see why people do spikes trips and I may start having to use him a bit myself, that way I won't use as many holidays, I'd pay the extra to save some days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.