Mahrez or Zaha...choose one

Nope, even though Mahrez wanted out hasn't performed well enough since January.

He's got 13 goals and 13 assists, only bettered by his monumental 18 goals and 10 assists in 15/16.

Getting that in a mid table side focused on counter attacks is absolutely mental.

Mahrez is the most clinical finisher of the winger/forwards we've been linked to that won't cost an outrageous fee, although he won't come cheap it seems. I'd go as high as 65-70ish for a proven PL talent that Pep can work his magic with.

Clinical finishing we all know is exactly what we need from the front line. His vision and passing is also really up there and I think he'd thrive with our players and under Pep.

I know he agitated for a move and that doesn't go over well with some, but reality is he stayed around when he could have left 2 seasons ago and that the story may be a bit more complicated between he and Leicester management. I'm not going to pretend he's not a bit of an ego case, but Pep has shown he knows how to handle such players, and wouldn't want him if he really thought it was a problem. He will not be our best player so his ego will have to be checked at the door a bit.

Mahrez's level this past season was much closer to what we saw the year he won PFA player of the year and is more proven than Zaha. He would fit in very nicely as it is increasingly coming across that Pep won't sign a real no. 9 this summer to accommodate Kun and Jesus. When Kun goes, we'll go there.

Hazard or Mbappe are dream signings, but chances of getting them seems extremely low and Dybala also seems almost as unlikely other than for a mind blowing fee.

Zaha has been excellent this season and is younger, but I rate Mahrez better in almost all areas other than pace/quickness. He's also played in CL and won a title. That means something as I think we prefer a more experienced player unless you are Mbappe or maybe Bailey.

How many games have you watched then to arrive at this conclusion ?

And how do you reconcile the stats regarding his goals scored and assists supplied quoted by the OP ?

I have kept an eye on Mahrez's form and overall attitude since he had been linked . If he does sign the attitude part will need major improvement. However he is much fit better than Zaha (who isn't much of a step up to Adama Traore).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.