Maine Rd terrace characters

lol.... where did you go when you arrived in Rotherham at about 1:30am?!?
We arrived about 7am. The kindly locals had left out bottles of milk for us. Most towns we visited seem to do the same, some also leaving orange juice, bread and a morning paper.
Then onto a greasy spoon for breaky and footy in a park until the pubs opened.

My son used to do that, well not sure if he shouted out the scores at City games, he used to tell me them but he had a radio glued to him at all times, absolutely footy mad.

I was only really arsed about City at the time but now I’ve got a smart phone, I find myself checking other results when I’m at the game.
not sure which ground you are at but it certainly isn't Etihad if you can get a signal on your phone during match hours !!

not sure which ground you are at but it certainly isn't Etihad if you can get a signal on your phone during match hours !!
Sky Mobile I’m on.

Get good signal at City now.

Used to use the WiFi when I was on 02.

Not seen 'the general' for a few years, seem to think he might not be with us anymore. I know he moved to sheffield some years ago and me and my mates would catch him on the train every now and then. He was reputed to be one of citys first ever convicted football hooligans!

Their are no "Characters at City "any more lol
Nowadays
Fans are either coke heads ,piss heads,dickheads ,Johny come latleys, glory hunters ,New comers ,scroates ext or kids that cant take their drink
Lets face it
Nothing has changed since the 60s watching City , besides the cost of a game & except us olduns attitudes have changed
While many of us whatching City in the 60s & 70s maybe the 80s wouldn't have battered an eyelid & proberbly would have got stuck in when shit was going of
It all " tut tut "now if someone swears or asks to move seat or gets up for a piss or wants to leave before full time
,Back in the Kippax days if your back leg wasnt covered in piss ,it could mean you didn't have to go home to get changed ( as if ) before you went out again
One thing hasn't changed is the Ticket office FFS
How can it be so bad for 40 odd years ? Attitudes have changed massively over the years & while back in the day things wernt as PC as now
Now we complain about everything cos we can.
Back then all we wanted was to get in the ground and watch City ,.Never moaned cos the hot dog seller didn't wash his hands after taking a piss, didn't moan when City scored & got pushed down the Kippax & couldn't find your mates for ages, .
We Never even moaned when we got beat ,just went to the boozer instead of the internet & bluemoon ha ha
I am so glad I was around at the time as it was one of the best education's about life you could get
Now a days the business of football has changed for the worst ,god knows how much it would cost to take a family of four to a game now ?
I only go to cup games as now I wouldn't pay more than £25 for a ticket
With all the hassle getting a ticket getting in the ground & getting a beer
At my age much more enjoyable watching with mates in a pub
How times have changed MCFC OK

most of us will remember some characters from m14,heres just a few,helen and her bell,the francis brothers,brad,scotch mick security at the maine entrance,daft donald,the guy at the front of the kippax in his 70s bomber jacket and bag,still wears it now,kippax debbie,jimmy meagan,the ticket touts,now who have i forgot?
There's a name from the past. Really lovely guy who I got into a few scrapes with at matches. Shame what happened to him. I was also mates with daft Donald in my early teens but the less said about that the better.

Last edited:
Their are no "Characters at City "any more lol
Nowadays
Fans are either coke heads ,piss heads,dickheads ,Johny come latleys, glory hunters ,New comers ,scroates ext or kids that cant take their drink
Lets face it
Nothing has changed since the 60s watching City , besides the cost of a game & except us olduns attitudes have changed
While many of us whatching City in the 60s & 70s maybe the 80s wouldn't have battered an eyelid & proberbly would have got stuck in when shit was going of
It all " tut tut "now if someone swears or asks to move seat or gets up for a piss or wants to leave before full time
,Back in the Kippax days if your back leg wasnt covered in piss ,it could mean you didn't have to go home to get changed ( as if ) before you went out again
One thing hasn't changed is the Ticket office FFS
How can it be so bad for 40 odd years ? Attitudes have changed massively over the years & while back in the day things wernt as PC as now
Now we complain about everything cos we can.
Back then all we wanted was to get in the ground and watch City ,.Never moaned cos the hot dog seller didn't wash his hands after taking a piss, didn't moan when City scored & got pushed down the Kippax & couldn't find your mates for ages, .
We Never even moaned when we got beat ,just went to the boozer instead of the internet & bluemoon ha ha
I am so glad I was around at the time as it was one of the best education's about life you could get
Now a days the business of football has changed for the worst ,god knows how much it would cost to take a family of four to a game now ?
I only go to cup games as now I wouldn't pay more than £25 for a ticket
With all the hassle getting a ticket getting in the ground & getting a beer
At my age much more enjoyable watching with mates in a pub
How times have changed MCFC OK
Stop fucking moaning.

Did he have ginger hair and a very pink face? If not he was exactly the same
Yeah, that's the guy! Yeah nose needed a good blow an all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We used to see him everywhere and called him 'Ginge' whenever we spoke to him! Never knew his name.

Then one day another ginger kid started to join him at the games. They became known as 'Ginge' and 'Ginges Apprentice'!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.