Maine Road FC need your help...

Got to say thats expensive for Northern Premier League, Nantwich charge £7/8 and they are in the same league, It cost me £19 for me and my 16yr old to go and watch Macc v Orient the other week reasonable I thought for Conference football.

Have to agree with your view if Alty are charging that much I would give it a miss also.
Reasonable for conference football?
You can watch a German Bundesliga game cheaper and that includes local transport to the game too

Reasonable for conference football?
You can watch a German Bundesliga game cheaper and that includes local transport to the game too

At the end of the day I think we live in the most over priced country where value for money and a reasonable price is a mythical non existent to rival the loch Ness monster. Football at all levels is a rip off, a necessary evil at lower level where clubs struggle to survive at all.

Whilst we may consider City a lesser offender on balance, even if true it is little defence against the extortion even City commit. Back in the 80s you would get groups of young lads going to watch football with their mates. Bus stops over all over Manchester would be the meeting place every home match....now todays equivalent simply cannot affored to go every week. Even City has become an exclusive club for the well off.

Forget comparing the Bundesliga and compare the UK to Germany and most other countries, the fact is we live in a country where greed and an all encompassing thirst for money has importance above any human trait throughout our society. Sadly football at whatever level will as a result become at the lower levels at least guilty of trying to extract that extra pound out of the supporters pocket.

I've been to Alti a few times and agree that £15 might be a bit too steep, but you've got to understand that the non-stop coverage of games on the TV, and access online to virtually any other game is killing smaller clubs. Neutrals and occasional fans are going less, so in lots of cases clubs rely on a core of regulars over walk-up support. If Altrincham, for example, dropped prices to £10 and were getting a thousand paying, that's a third of the gate money gone, they'd have to increase attendance by 50% to break even.

I think you can make arguments both ways as to whether £15 for a non-league game is too expensive or too cheap based on a number of factors. It's pointless comparing it to what a Premier League seat costs as part of a season ticket, though, you've got to compare like-for-like, to the cost of an on-the-day ticket bought without a membership. On average they'd be between 2.5 and three times more expensive, so in that sense it seems about right, but in some cases the football will be three times as good.

Quite a few non-league clubs offer reduced entry, sometimes even a fiver, if you have a PL season ticket, but i don't know if i agree with this.

Last home game of the season tonight, versus Widnes. Virtually shit or bust now. Going to need to win the last three games probably.

Every extra person throuh the gate would be appreciated. The postcode for the ground is M21 0TT. £5/£3 on the gate.

Cant make it tonight but good luck. £5 is a fair price.

I went to Wrexham v Fylde at the weekend and it was £20 for conference level.

I went to Moss Lane to watch Altrincham on an international weekend and it was £15 admittance. Fuck that. I turned straight back round and went home.

Conference South / North Hereford will be £13 terrace entry next season. Going rate.

Shit or bust for Maine Road today. Need to win at neighbours West Didsbury & Chorlton and hope Abbey Hey and AFC Liverpool both lose.

Should be a nice day. Think they've got some Middle-Eastern street food on, and a gin stand. Only a fiver, U12s free.

The postcode for the ground is M21 8FE for those interested.

Relagated yesterday. Sadly it’s been coming this season. A few decent results but no consistency. On the whole, a very young side that’ll hopefully stick around next year. Attendance at West Didsbury yesterday was 865!

For those that haven’t been to this level of football before. The standard isn’t shite, you can hear the players talking and smell the grass. You can stand, smoke and drink at the side of the pitch if you so choose. Give it a go next season. The club is run on a very limited budget and need as much help as they can get.

It’s a really good couple of hours out of the house and bit more like the football you remember from yesteryear.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.