Maine Road (Football Away Days)

It was a fuckin joke mate!! where was the financial sense in replacing an 8,000 stand with 4,000 seats!! but in them days we didn’t really do things well did we!! thats why we love city ;)
It was Swales’ last pisstake of City. I seem to recall that Franny wanted to abandon the design inherited from Swales but was unable to do so because of the deadline for an all-seater stadium.

The new Kippax was absolutely massive but had so few seats. There were only two rows of seats on the top tier. An absolute disgrace.

I never went into it at all and preferred the North Stand.

City somehow started with an excellent 50,000 to 63,000 capacity stadium and ended up with something that looked like an architectural experiment gone wrong and held little over 30,000. To increase in to 32,000 plus required adding the open-air Gene Kelly Stand.

The whole place was such a mess that there appeared few complaints on the move to COMS. There were certainly none from me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.