Maine Road (Football Away Days)

I remember plenty away days from Maine Road especially when you were on the coach with Helen and her bell. Where she would not allow any swearing on her coach, unless you wanted the bell around the back of your head.

Are you my nephew? You could have written virtually the same for me, I loved the old Kippax, compulsory seating ruined the football experience for me.
I used to stand in the Scoreboard end. On Derby day though a lot of Rags congregated there before they got moved to the corner beside the Platt Lane. When the North Stand got built, I moved to the Kippax as I also hated the concept of sitting down. Was a sad day when that also got gentrified and the old ground was never the same after that.

Depends what school.
There was Heald Place on Heald Place and then there was Claremont infant and juniors on Claremont road.
My dad attended the school on Claremont road, he said Frank Swift would let the kids take shots at him before or after training. My dad said they couldn't get past him because he had massive hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.