Major mistakes of MCFC?

There have been almost too many to mention but i would say the appointement of Swales as chairman ranks as the biggest in my lifetime and i AM old enough to remember him.

As a man i liked him and i agree he was a blue through and through.He actually replied in his own handwriting twice to me to letters i had written to him about the way the club was being run.That cannot escape the fact that his reign as chairman was on the whole an utter disaster that in the end almost saw us go out of existance,although he had gone by then the damage had been done.

In fairness to Hughes he and City had no choice at the time but to pay over the odds fees and wages to try and tempt players to sign for us,they just would not have come otherwise.

Huge mistake bringing Malcolm Allison back. It's only since Sheik Mansour bought the club that we have have recovered from it. Too many wasted years trying to recover.
Alan Balls appointment. Got to be right up there with the worst decisions.
Looking back, its clear that our managers have cost us years of progress.

Yep Big Mal I'm afraid. A team that was starting to look like it was going to start winning things. Good young players, like Barnes and Owen, sold. Top class operatives like Watson moved on. All replaced with shite.

Getting rid of Tony Book as manager was one, seriously I use to follow City away a fair bit during the 70's, and under Tony Book we started to get some decent results when we was playing away, but as what marcus and Blueles61 have said already allowing Allison back in was a huge costly error, and selling Peter Barnes and Gary Owens was just incredible, because it bit us big time when we next played West Brom away, and got hammered 4-0 what a misreable day that was..............

Not kicking off and allowing ourselves to be shafted over :

a) United's kidnapping of Berbatov
b) The series of events that led to Adebayor's derby ban
c) Bellamy surrendering the taking of a corner in the League Cup semi final because of objects being thrown. After Gaz Baz took the corner, United went down the other end and scored.

djimaldblue said:
Ray78 said:
Allowing Peter Swales to join the board then become Chairman.

As much as you might hate the old man he was City through and through. Even though he didn't make us bigger than "Stretford Rangers" he certainly tried.

In my time supporting City the biggest mistake was getting rid of Tony Book and replacing him with Malcolm Allison who dismantled a fine team and introduced the likes of Steve Daley.

I think that came second biggest bollock dropped - it comes behind getting rid of Joe Mercer for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.