Malt whisky drinkers: Did you start with blends and has anybody gone back to them?

Why put ginger in a single malt ? Might as well fuck up a blended and save a few quid
Because i like the taste with a dash of ginger. I make no apologies for being an unsophisticated oaf :) I do put my little pinky out when i drink it if that brings me any extra brownie point

Because i like the taste with a dash of ginger. I make no apologies for being an unsophisticated oaf :) I do put my little pinky out when i drink it if that brings me any extra brownie point

The point is not what you like the taste of, if you like a dash of ginger thats fine, it was more why waste money on a good malt if you are going to whack ginger in it, may as well get a blend far cheaper if you are going to sully the taste. If you are happy wasting money carry on, you flash git ;-)

The point is not what you like the taste of, if you like a dash of ginger thats fine, it was more why waste money on a good malt if you are going to whack ginger in it, may as well get a blend far cheaper if you are going to sully the taste. If you are happy wasting money carry on, you flash git ;-)

I vary my drinking of it and do not always add the ginger. I take your point about it altering the taste. I decided to try a Single malt aged in port barrels that did not go well with ginger at all, Straight with ice was all that was needed. experimenting is actually a very enjoyable experience...so blow it out yer arse Whiskey snob ;)

I vary my drinking of it and do not always add the ginger. I take your point about it altering the taste. I decided to try a Single malt aged in port barrels that did not go well with ginger at all, Straight with ice was all that was needed. experimenting is actually a very enjoyable experience...so blow it out yer arse Whiskey snob ;)

Ha ha, i'm not a whisky snob at all, I just hate blends, taste awful, holidaying in Scotland you get spoilt for choice with all the quality malts on offer though, great to spend an afternoon or two going through them all in a pub with a good selection, I rank blended whisky alongside Tequila as alcoholic arse water.

Your JOTs dominatrix and I claim my prize

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.