Malta

SteWadda

Looking at booking our summer holiday soon and Malta looks pretty cheap to get to and stay.

Has anyone been recently?
What's it like?
Is it expensive to eat out and for other holiday activities?

Cheers in advance

A slower pace of life mate but a beautiful place steeped in history. Loved it.

Valletta, the buses, Popeyes village, Marsasloxa?, Mosta Dome, Mellieha, The Blue Grotto, War Museum etc etc...loads to see and do...but it is a slower pace of life (did I mention this?)...

Cisk lager is the nuts, local food is Italian/ Sicilian/ Arabix/ English.

I'd be quite happy to live there.

BimboBob said:
A slower pace of life mate but a beautiful place steeped in history. Loved it.

Valletta, the buses, Popeyes village, Marsasloxa?, Mosta Dome, Mellieha, The Blue Grotto, War Museum etc etc...loads to see and do...but it is a slower pace of life (did I mention this?)...

Cisk lager is the nuts, local food is Italian/ Sicilian/ Arabix/ English.

I'd be quite happy to live there.

But what's the pace of life there BB?

I replied to a similar question on another forum I frequent, I've pasted my reply here to save me typing it out again....

I have recently sold a villa in Mellieha, and holidayed there three or four times a year for the last twenty odd years so know the Island well. Malta seems to divide people, they either love it or hate it....naturally we think it is lovely.

Best time to go..(in my opinion) is April/May....September/October....UNLESS you like it very hot..then go(June/July/August).

Personally, I would not go to Gozo for a week, it is fairly quiet, very small, and not enough to do there for a week...take a day trip though on the ferry..(30mins) and see Xlendi Bay, Marsalforn, Ramla Bay and the capital Victoria.

Best beaches on Malta?

Mellieha and Golden Bay.....Google them.

Also Google these places:-

Mdina...(Pronounced Imdina)
Armstrong Gun, Fort Rinella...(Saturdays)
Malta Drag Racing
Malta Car Museum
Mosta Dome
Valletta Grand Harbour
Paceville/St Julians
Sliema
Bugibba
Captain Morgan Cruises.
Sunday Market at Marsaxlokk...(Excellent..get there early)
T'Quali craft village
Comino
Malta war museum
Blue Grotto

The Maltese are extremely friendly, all speak English, prices are generally similar to the UK, AND they drive on our side of the road. Car hire is reasonably priced...hire a very cheap car, you do not need a big fancy one, the island is too small.

If you like nightlife, Paceville is where the action is.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
I replied to a similar question on another forum I frequent, I've pasted my reply here to save me typing it out again....

I have recently sold a villa in Mellieha, and holidayed there three or four times a year for the last twenty odd years so know the Island well. Malta seems to divide people, they either love it or hate it....naturally we think it is lovely.

Best time to go..(in my opinion) is April/May....September/October....UNLESS you like it very hot..then go(June/July/August).

Personally, I would not go to Gozo for a week, it is fairly quiet, very small, and not enough to do there for a week...take a day trip though on the ferry..(30mins) and see Xlendi Bay, Marsalforn, Ramla Bay and the capital Victoria.

Best beaches on Malta?

Mellieha and Golden Bay.....Google them.

Also Google these places:-

Mdina...(Pronounced Imdina)
Armstrong Gun, Fort Rinella...(Saturdays)
Malta Drag Racing
Malta Car Museum
Mosta Dome
Valletta Grand Harbour
Paceville/St Julians
Sliema
Bugibba
Captain Morgan Cruises.
Sunday Market at Marsaxlokk...(Excellent..get there early)
T'Quali craft village
Comino
Malta war museum
Blue Grotto

The Maltese are extremely friendly, all speak English, prices are generally similar to the UK, AND they drive on our side of the road. Car hire is reasonably priced...hire a very cheap car, you do not need a big fancy one, the island is too small.

If you like nightlife, Paceville is where the action is.

Mellieha is here we were looking to go. Would you recommend it for a family holiday?
Also people who have been how much do you reckon I need to take for for a family of 4?

A pal of mine went a few years ago, beforehand i told him of the links to the Knights of St John the Hospitaller and the links to the Knights of the Templar.

He came back fascinated by what he had seen and learnt about the history of the place.

I would love to go but travelling isnt really an option for me anymore sadly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.