Man Arrested for trying to sell Pep’s hacked emails

I work in Technology and this is pretty severe. I've spent the last 8 years working around Security - not sure if this is a personal hack for Pep or a hack of his account at City. I'm still massively worried about IT Security at City especially from the previous hacking episode.

I'd suggest City need to get their shit in order
A winning line in your regular sales pitch no doubt ;)

I work in Technology and this is pretty severe. I've spent the last 8 years working around Security - not sure if this is a personal hack for Pep or a hack of his account at City. I'm still massively worried about IT Security at City especially from the previous hacking episode.

I'd suggest City need to get their shit in order

He worked as a contractor for us for two years from 2016.

He was working inside the club and accessed all of Pep's contacts from his phone on a Proton Mail encrypted email account.

The story also mentions the Liverpool hack.

There is a very pointed statement from City thanking The Sun and the police.

Mentions about various attacks on our systems in recent years.
Not seen anything online yet. He tried to sell info to the sun for 100k, extort the club for 100k or both ?

I think as well as pursuing a criminal conviction we should also instruct lawyers to pursue a civil suit . Bankrupt the little fucker

Thanking both the Sun and the police, that won't go down well in Liverpool.

I get the vibe he was a bit of an amateur. If he offered something to the Sun that they new was the result of blatant crime then they are highly likely to go to the police. Dont get me wrong they would think first about what they might be able to get out of it but if the answer is well this guy is blatantly profiteering from stolen data as oposed to being a source for a story then they just go to the plod. Its a subtle difference but if anyone knows teh ins and outs of it its the Sun's legal dept.

Not seen anything online yet. He tried to sell info to the sun for 100k, extort the club for 100k or both ?

I think as well as pursuing a criminal conviction we should also instruct lawyers to pursue a civil suit . Bankrupt the little fucker

I assume he is facing some serious charges irrespective of what we do.

He worked as a contractor for us for two years from 2016.

He was working inside the club and accessed all of Pep's contacts from his phone on a Proton Mail encrypted email account.

The story also mentions the Liverpool hack.

what a dick - this lad has made himself totally unemployable - unless for a competitor (hmmm) - there's some serious murky stuff going on - be interesting to know how the Pinto bloke hacked the City system and if there are any links. This contractor obviously had Admin privileges but wonder of there are any more within - thing is if someone has the right access they can scrub logs etc.

Full security audit from an external party required here - sure they already know that

Another one, interesting.

I think the "football is bent" or whatever his website is called said that they had a ton of information for City but they refused to hand it over as they knew people within the club were working against the club so it wasn't going to be held up. Might be something to that after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.