Man city go green: new deals in pipeline

Blueroses

Heard about this last year when the new academy plans were unveiled but very interesting
and it is picking up some steam ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3774/the-sweeper/2013/03/09/3810432/the-sweeper-manchester-city-have-first-option-on-jovetic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3774/the ... on-jovetic</a>

Manchester City go green to beat FFP

Manchester City are looking to boost their attempts to comply with financial fair play by teaming up with an energy partner in the coming months.

The Premier League champions want their new, state-of-the-art training centre to be eco friendly and are even looking to generate electricity by including wind turbines at the £100 million facility.

Chelsea recently hooked up with Russian company Gazprom but City are eyeing an even more lucrative long-term deal for the Etihad Campus.

- Greg Stobart

Aaah , the old wind turbine idea again eh ?

Was suggested for the COMS site when we first took over the stadium , but i think the idea fell by the wayside ...... i suppose you could see the benefits of having the turbines though , and the new training campus , which is currently under construction , looks like being a very impressive addition to the clubs facilities.

2h6850g.jpg

9k10zr.jpg

2s86179.jpg

2e4vwp2.jpg

1zow4ki.jpg

2ahfksl.jpg

24eqqop.jpg

Not necessarily wind turbine(s). You can have power stations that sell discounted electricity to the local residents and businesses.

black mamba said:
Aaah , the old wind turbine idea again eh ?

Was suggested for the COMS site when we first took over the stadium , but i think the idea fell by the wayside ......

Yes, they wanted to build a 140ft (height above ground level) turbine to sit on the stadium's roof before, but IIRC that fell by the wayside when they couldn't resolve how to prevent the mechanism freezing in poor weather at the altitude they wanted it at. Of course, that's just off the top of my head from a few years ago, so I could be wrong.

Were I right though, I suspect that ADUG aren't so uncreative as to not be able to solve a little problem like that. I mean, it's not like there are no wind turbines anywhere else because no-one has worked it out before. They would have the resources to make it happen, easily.

Falastur said:
Yes, they wanted to build a 140ft (height above ground level) turbine to sit on the stadium's roof before, but IIRC that fell by the wayside when they couldn't resolve how to prevent the mechanism freezing in poor weather at the altitude they wanted it at. .
Yet the ones on Scout Moor are ok and I can assure you it gets fecking cold up there.

EricBrooksGhost said:
Falastur said:
Yes, they wanted to build a 140ft (height above ground level) turbine to sit on the stadium's roof before, but IIRC that fell by the wayside when they couldn't resolve how to prevent the mechanism freezing in poor weather at the altitude they wanted it at. .
Yet the ones on Scout Moor are ok and I can assure you it gets fecking cold up there.

I could be wrong about the whole thing, but...well, we didn't exactly have a lot of cash to commission studies into this stuff pre-Thaksin, did we? I can totally believe that our board back in those days could get stymied by a fairly simple problem like this purely through not having the money to commission an engineer to solve the problem...

The Energy partner was agreed a while back. Initially there will be CHP, ground heat source, absorption chillers and wind. Although solar was initially proposed it has been shelved due to the long capital payback. This will be potentially be linked into the new district heating schemes in central Manchester in the future. They have had the planning for the Wind Turbine for about 10 years now.

The new Academy only has CHP. The new partner is for the campus

There are numerous MCC backed projects in the area utilising this technology. We are also thinking long term and future proofing it for technology that is in its infancy but could come to the fore in 15-20 years.

There is also talk of an waste to energy plant as well.

As someone said above this could also offer local residents cheaper energy on the form of a district heating scheme.

City ruining the energy market since 2008

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.