Man city sign 18 year old ghanaian Mohammed abu.

LoveCity said:
The interesting thing about those two is that they're aged 20 and 22, a bit old to just be getting noticed now but not too old. If we unearthed some quality African players at that age it'd say a lot about our scouting system.

Kolo wasn't picked up by Arsenal until he was 22. It still happens, though less frequently these days.

rhysmcfc said:
Just joined Eintracht Frankfurt on loan til the end of 2013.

Till the end of the season with Eintracht having the option of a further year apparently.The extension option seems a bit strange to me given his current age and alleged talent.....

FantasyIreland said:
rhysmcfc said:

Till the end of the season with Eintracht having the option of a further year apparently.The extension option seems a bit strange to me given his current age and alleged talent.....

Yup, but City seem to have a partnership with them now. I think there is no way City would have formed that partnership unless they really have good facilities and managment and City know he will develope good there. They are one of the top teams in bundesliga 2 and he will be a regular. Which is the most important thing.

He is a young 20-year old Ghana international so he will either develope into a City player in the next 1-2 years. Or then be sold for profit in a few years. win-win either way.

FantasyIreland said:
rhysmcfc said:

It could be to do with him getting enough international appearances to enable him to get a UK work permit, which may take another year or two. Only the rags seem to get through the "exceptional young talent" loophole.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPMJO41Ic08[/youtube]

Apologies if already posted but found this screamer from him on youtube. Seems an exciting prospect.

If it is work permit issues, can anyone tell me why he can get a permit to play in Germany and not the UK? It was the same with McDonald Mariga. It's supposed to be an EU permit therefore why can be one granted in Italy/Germany but not UK?

kennycar said:
If it is work permit issues, can anyone tell me why he can get a permit to play in Germany and not the UK? It was the same with McDonald Mariga. It's supposed to be an EU permit therefore why can be one granted in Italy/Germany but not UK?

The UK never signed the Shengen agreement, it never has been 'one Europe', or at least, never one visa for the whole of Europe.

kennycar said:

It's a UK work permit not an EU one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.