Man city sign 18 year old ghanaian Mohammed abu.

Not sure how to start a thread (dont think I can as of yet) but thought Id post this here as its along the lines of young African stars

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7357313/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7357313/</a>

City explore African options
Duo attend 'workshop' in Ghana

Two of Africa's top young talents have been invited to a Manchester City backed trial.

Left-back Khassim Soumare of Diambars Academy and central defender Ass Mandaw Sy from Niary Tally, have been issued invitations to attend a 'workshop' in Ghana.

The duo have been spotted during recent tournaments in West Africa and are now in Accra.

The workshop is run by local experts appointed by the Premier League club, as they look to secure some of the continent's best young talent.

Should the players impress in Ghana, it is believed a trial stint in England will follow.

Love it

The interesting thing about those two is that they're aged 20 and 22, a bit old to just be getting noticed now but not too old. If we unearthed some quality African players at that age it'd say a lot about our scouting system.

Neville Kneville said:
LoveCity said:
The interesting thing about those two is that they're aged 20 and 22, a bit old to just be getting noticed now but not too old. If we unearthed some quality African players at that age it'd say a lot about our scouting system.

Surely if that's the case, they would have no chance whatsoever of getting work permits ?
Surprisingly (to me anyway) Ghana are ranked 29th in the world at the moment so if they've managed to play for Ghana fairly regularly they should get a permit (no idea if they have or haven't).

Ghana midfielder Mohammed Abu will join German second-tier side Eintracht Frankfurt in January on loan, MTNFootball.com can exclusively reveal.
The 20-year-old who spent last season on loan at Norwegian side Stromsgodset will join the Bundesliga II outfit after the Africa Cup of Nations finals if he makes Ghana’s final cut.
Frankfurt won the fight for signature after Serie A sides Catania, Lecce and Dutch side FC Groningen all tended in offers.
“After our game against Atletico Madrid several clubs came in with offers but Manchester City carefully looked at the offers and selected Frankfurt,” Abu exclusively told MTNFootball.com
“It gives me a new challenge and I believe Germany is bigger,” he added.
Eintracht Frankfurt are currently third on the Bundesliga II league table after playing one game less.
Abu was Stromsgodset’s Player of the season after the Norwegian top flight ended last month.
He will return to English side Manchester City, who own his transfer rights, to train with the leaders

Indeed but I would have hoped he would be tested at a higher level given the hype for him, but it'll only be a half season loan and a new experience. The Bundesliga 2 is probably better than Norway's top flight anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.