Man City Surprise signing

I have it with absolute certainty...

funny-pictures-surprise-your-box-contains-a-lolcat.jpg

d3c3mb3rblu said:
skybluekings said:
Ajay is hinting to a surprise signing and 'only1paulsimpson' said Cook told his there is a surprise.

The reasoning in this can only mean that it won't be Tevez or Eto because they have been linked with repeatedly over the past weeks.

This means, in the terms of "surprise", only the following candidates will cause a surprise:

1. David Villa - £50m+ will do it as no one else would pay this fee plus wages.
2. Aguero - £48m buy out clause
3. John Terry - value unknown. Can't even think of this happening so estimating a cost seems pointless
4. Torres - Liverpool are deep in debt and may listen to an offer.
5. Messi - Lol! Maybe in 5 years.

Tevez, Eto, Maicon, Tuore, Lescott - all probable signings and none of these would cause a surprise because it is well documented that we are in for them.

I think David Villa is the man. Everything points to Villa.

Even the obscure poster TFM has been saying this for months.
Any name on that list of 4 will cause a surprise but the only one which is realistic is Villa.
Valencia HAVE to sell. They haven't been able to pay wages for months and are in a massive £400m debt at the moment. they just have to sell Villa, no matter what they say...they are holding out for a high fee.

The High Fee facts -
1. Real Madrid publicly pulled out.
2. Barcelona said they can't afford it.
3. Liverpool is high in debt
4. Man Utd won't pay £50m+ for any player
5. Chelsea...is a possibility (they need a big signing and may indeed bite the bullet)
6. Arsenal? Hah hah hah Hah. PMSL :) (can't stop laughing at the thought of Wenger making an offer for Villa)

High wages.
Only City and Chelsea.

There is no other name in football available that would make us really surprised other than Villa, as we already know 5 probable signings and if it were any of them...what's the surprise? Of course we would LOVE those signings...but there's nothing to be surprised about.

IMO, Its got to be David Villa.
The big suprise is nothing to do with the transfer market. you have to think out of the box a little and think back to the promises that were made early doors after the take over.
They are about to anounce that they have managed to purchase COM and the surrounding land and are about to show the world what they are going to do with the stadium expansion in the next 5 years.

Heard a rumour about this the other week. 70,000 seater, all drawn up and approved. Story got leaked in Jan. but nobody really took any notice. City blamed Laing (the contractors), Laing pleaded their innocence, turned out to be somebody in City's press office. Apologies all made and bestest friends again. My "source" is a friend of a friend (of a friend?, I've lost count myself) so every chance it's made up, as my mate is a Rag. It's a good story though innit.

All this stuff about the stadium is bullshit. They won't buy it (yet) because it would not be a good business decision, it makes no sense to buy it now.

Why would they want to expand it to 70000 seats already when at the moment we don't even sell out the ~47500 we have now on a regular basis?

BULLSHIT

As much as I would love it to be a new world class signing, I wonder if the announcement will be a replacement for the Thomas Cook Trophy as the Etihad City of Manchester Tournament between us, Barca, Inter and Bayern!! I would love us to have a friendly tournament like that!! Would signal our new relationship and respect from the big boys in Europe!!

avoidconfusion said:
All this stuff about the stadium is bullshit. They won't buy it (yet) because it would not be a good business decision, it makes no sense to buy it now.

Why would they want to expand it to 70000 seats already when at the moment we don't even sell out the ~47500 we have now on a regular basis?

BULLSHIT

I didn't say they were gonna start it tomorrow did I, ps. chill mate.

No-one out of the club ever said it was a surprise signing.

If you read the original line in the MEN is was a suprise announcement, I think we're getting well ahead of ourselves here. It's probably the gig announced last night, coupled with the press conference for the official launch of the new kit/sponsor and snazzy website on july 1st. Possibly announcements on upcoming pre-season friendlies as well. The free gig, kit launch and website are unlike anything anyone else will do this summer and is great PR from the club - this will make people jealous and look enviously our way.

We all know this information already, but to the outsider/causal fan/media at large this is big stuff.

Don't get me wrong, there is the possibility of a signing (Tevez?) being unveiled that day, and no doubt discussions about A-list players behind the scenes, but discussions with agent/player/club is totally different from a done deal. A bit or realism would help!

i dont know if anyones seen or said this but bets on john terry coming to us have been dropping alot today ino odds dont have a direct involvement with transfers but as they say no smoke without fire

riddicule time bring it on lol

skybluekings said:
Ajay is hinting to a surprise signing and 'only1paulsimpson' said Cook told his there is a surprise.

The reasoning in this can only mean that it won't be Tevez or Eto because they have been linked with repeatedly over the past weeks.

This means, in the terms of "surprise", only the following candidates will cause a surprise:

1. David Villa - £50m+ will do it as no one else would pay this fee plus wages.
2. Aguero - £48m buy out clause
3. John Terry - value unknown. Can't even think of this happening so estimating a cost seems pointless
4. Torres - Liverpool are deep in debt and may listen to an offer.
5. Messi - Lol! Maybe in 5 years.

Tevez, Eto, Maicon, Tuore, Lescott - all probable signings and none of these would cause a surprise because it is well documented that we are in for them.

I think David Villa is the man. Everything points to Villa.

Even the obscure poster TFM has been saying this for months.
Any name on that list of 4 will cause a surprise but the only one which is realistic is Villa.
Valencia HAVE to sell. They haven't been able to pay wages for months and are in a massive £400m debt at the moment. they just have to sell Villa, no matter what they say...they are holding out for a high fee.

The High Fee facts -
1. Real Madrid publicly pulled out.
2. Barcelona said they can't afford it.
3. Liverpool is high in debt
4. Man Utd won't pay £50m+ for any player
5. Chelsea...is a possibility (they need a big signing and may indeed bite the bullet)
6. Arsenal? Hah hah hah Hah. PMSL :) (can't stop laughing at the thought of Wenger making an offer for Villa)

High wages.
Only City and Chelsea.

There is no other name in football available that would make us really surprised other than Villa, as we already know 5 probable signings and if it were any of them...what's the surprise? Of course we would LOVE those signings...but there's nothing to be surprised about.

IMO, Its got to be David Villa.

nope its not villa, its le fonder from rochdale FC ;oP

I personally don't think we will build a new stadium just yet but at the same time i wouldn't rule it out completely and wouldn't be hugely surprised if it did happen. It's true we can't fill our stadium at the moment but if/when we become successful we would/will. A stadium takes years to build from the start of the planning application being submitted and it going to public consultation etc etc. Our owners wouldn't wait until demand is there to start this process - they will want everything in place for when the success/demand for tickets is there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.