Clichy

Milner
De Jong

Johnson
Yaya
Nasri/Silva

Dzeko

cibaman said:
Makes sense to give Lescott a rest and get our moneys worth out of Kolo before he heads of to the ANC, but will probably need lescotts height for this. When he isnt scoring for us, Crouch usually gives us a few problems. Think Dzeko will get a game, useful in both boxes and at set pieces. Would also pitch NDJ into the battle. And AJ could do some damage against their full backs. Wonder if Robero will pick this game to give Silva a rest.

hart
richards
lescott
kompany
clichy
de jong
milner
aj
yaya
nasri
dzeko

panti, kolo, savic, barry, silva, aguero, balotelli

Exactley this. Everything I was thinking.

Re: Team for Stoke

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
guarentee you silva will be playing
I really don't think he will. He looks like he needs a rest to me.

The starting point is always to say which players will DEFINATELY start, then fill in the gaps afterwards. Those players are Hart, Clichy, Lescott, De Jong, Milner, Johnson and Dzeko.

The decisions for the other 4 positions are Zab/Micah, Kompany/Kolo/Savic, Silva/Nasri, Yaya/Mario/Aguero (depending on whether we play 1 or 2 upfront).

Since Vinnie is captain, i'd start him despite the hectic schedule.

Micah is vital for those games where we are against 10 men behind the ball. We are more likely to have such a game at home v Stoke than away from home v WBA and Sunderland where the onus is on them to attack. So Zab should rest and Micah should start.

I'd give Nasri another start to try and get him into his rhythm. Silva needs a rest, imo.

For the last position, i'd play Balo as he's started less games than Yaya and Aguero recently.

................Balotelli.........Dzeko...............
....Nasri.....................................Johnson

...............Milner..........De Jong...............

Clichy......Lescott.......Kompany.....Richards

.........................Hart.............................

Re: Team for Stoke

Tricky_Trev said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
guarentee you silva will be playing
I really don't think he will. He looks like he needs a rest to me.

The starting point is always to say which players will DEFINATELY start, then fill in the gaps afterwards. Those players are Hart, Clichy, Lescott, De Jong, Milner, Johnson and Dzeko.

The decisions for the other 4 positions are Zab/Micah, Kompany/Kolo/Savic, Silva/Nasri, Yaya/Mario/Aguero (depending on whether we play 1 or 2 upfront).

Since Vinnie is captain, i'd start him despite the hectic schedule.

Micah is vital for those games where we are against 10 men behind the ball. We are more likely to have such a game at home v Stoke than away from home v WBA and Sunderland where the onus is on them to attack. So Zab should rest and Micah should start.

I'd give Nasri another start to try and get him into his rhythm. Silva needs a rest, imo.

For the last position, i'd play Balo as he's started less games than Yaya and Aguero recently.

....Nasri.....................................Johnson

Very nice approach, and a spot-on team IMO.

I would put money on this one, if there were takers :-)

And this is one hell of a line-up still.

....Silva......................................Johnson

I think we'll fill the midfield up a bit and try to limit them to as few corners and free kicks as possible because I see that as the only threat they'll have against us...our full backs are more than capable of dealing with their wide men.

For me, have to start De Jong and Milner. They're ready for the rough and rumble type of game aginst this sort of opposition.

Also, Dzeko and AJ need to get 90mins. Dzeko a couple of goals so he doesn't find himself on the bench to often and AJ needs to put in a good performance all round!

Time for Silva to have a rest and I think Nasri should play just off Dzeko as I believe Edin works better with support up top with him and I think Nasri will relish the central attacking position.

--------------Hart
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
-------------De Jong
AJ-----Milner-----Nasri-----Barry
--------------Dzeko

I don't want to drop Zab after his cracking performance (and 'cause I have man love for him) but I just feel the height at the back is imperitive! Clichy's width would be important in this team but then again...Roberto knows who he wants to play, I doubt he'd agree with me. Whatever the team I think we'll take all the points with a 2-0 win. Dzeko and Nasri!

If Silva is rested, be interesting to see Nasri in his role - Nasri played some very cute passes against Arsenal that led to good openings.

all these people naming the team without richars in??

he will definately play. hes one of the strongest players we have in the air.

my team would be

Hart

zabs
micah
kompany
lecott

de jong
milner
yaya

silva
balotelli
dzeko

give barry and aguero a rest.
johnso for silva earlyish if things going well.
give clichy a run out too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.