Man City V Stoke City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought balo was class against the arse, though tonight is one of those where the stokies could push, niggle, hold, pull and kick him to wind him up.....

Hats off to stoke for looking to bring in more quality in terms of players and playing - they are no longer the total cloggers, though will of course play to strengths.

This is one of those where I feel if we get one ahead then contol the game we could win easily.......but then again if they are pushing and pushing and stay in the game over what I see to be the "magic" 20 minute mark they will grow in confidence and we will have to show patience.....

my prediction, eighteen nil.

So with no Edin i think front 2 will be same for this game. ( need edin fit over christmas games )

I would try to get Adam into side from start.........
Micah looked like he was holding his hammy vs arsenal so i would rest him.
Team for me :

Hart

Zabba
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

A J
De jong
Barry
Silva

Mario
Kun

Shame about Dzeko. Will he be fit for the next game? We need all of our 3 strikers fit...especially this and the next month. Some tough games coming up.

Gutted that Dzeko is missing out, was hopeing he would come all guns blazing for this one.

I'm wondering what this tactic to play against Stoke is that Kolo has been speaking about....maybe we've cloned Zabaleta and he's gonna play all 10 outfield positions!

Well there you go guys, you get what you always wanted Balo and Kun up front again.

cibaman said:
Makes sense to give Lescott a rest and get our moneys worth out of Kolo before he heads of to the ANC, but will probably need lescotts height for this. When he isnt scoring for us, Crouch usually gives us a few problems. Think Dzeko will get a game, useful in both boxes and at set pieces. Would also pitch NDJ into the battle. And AJ could do some damage against their full backs. Wonder if Robero will pick this game to give Silva a rest.

hart
richards
lescott
kompany
clichy
de jong
milner
aj
yaya
nasri
dzeko

panti, kolo, savic, barry, silva, aguero, balotelli

would love this as starting 11 but don't think he'll start without Barry. In the words of Joey Barton he is a teacher's pet after all :)

Some nice facts from the BBc match preview:

Manchester City

•Manchester City have a 100% home record in this season's Premier League, winning all eight games and conceding just four goals.
•Roberto Mancini's side have dropped just two points at home in 2011 - that came in a 1-1 draw at the end of February.
•David Silva's winner against Arsenal on Sunday meant Manchester City became the first team for 49 years to score 50 goals in their first 16 top-flight matches.
•Vincent Kompany is poised to make his 150th appearance for City.

Add to this its 1 calendar year to the day since we got beat at home (mentioned before in thread) and it makes for impressive reading.

Oh...and bollocks to those that think its a jinx :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.