Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dawlish dave said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
solley attwell said:
Will Dave Whelan be at the game or is he waiting for the second leg ?
Talk about putting your foot in it...

It's only a one leg tie. Did you not know,though? Dave Whelan once missed an F.A cup final as a player as he had broken his leg?
I'm surprised if you hadn't been aware of that unfortunate injury Dave Whelan once suffered to his leg. Yeah, poor bugger broke his leg and was laid up in hospital on the day of the final with a broken leg. If he hadn't broke his leg who knows what may have happened in that final eh?

Never forget
#davesleg x

Well you never knew so you could not forget. Whelan broke his leg in the final against Wolves.

Broke his leg ? He kept that quiet.........

dawlish dave said:
solley attwell said:

It's only a one leg tie. Did you not know,though? Dave Whelan once missed an F.A cup final as a player as he had broken his leg?
I'm surprised if you hadn't been aware of that unfortunate injury Dave Whelan once suffered to his leg. Yeah, poor bugger broke his leg and was laid up in hospital on the day of the final with a broken leg. If he hadn't broke his leg who knows what may have happened in that final eh?

Never forget
#davesleg x

Well you never knew so you could not forget. Whelan broke his leg in the final against Wolves.

Soft arse Wigan Pie eater.it was only a leg. Now we have a proper hero in bert.
You can imagine what whelans like when he meets someone.
Hello my name is David whelan. Did you know I broke my leg.

It's here it's there it's every f..cking where - whelans leg.

pants

richads-kompany-lescott-clichy

fernandinho-garcia

navas-silva

aguero-negredo

nasri yaya to get on at HT replacing ferna and silva 3-0 win go City!!!

solley attwell said:

Never forget
#davesleg x

Somebody ought to get their facts right. Whelan broke his leg DURING the Cup Final.
Whelan was a member of Blackburn Rovers' 1960 FA Cup Final team, which lost 3-0 to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Whelan himself did not complete the game, breaking a leg during the first half. Whelan's injury is one of many serious injuries suffered by players in the 1950-60 era and was known as the Wembley hoodoo.[4] Following his leg break, Whelan was sold to Crewe Alexandra F.C. where he played for several years before retiring to concentrate fully on his chain of supermarkets, Whelan's Discount Stores, which were sold to Ken Morrison for over a million pounds.

mac said:
dawlish dave said:

Never forget
#davesleg x

Soft arse Wigan Pie eater.it was only a leg. Now we have a proper hero in bert.
You can imagine what whelans like when he meets someone.
Hello my name is David whelan. Did you know I broke my leg.
I'll bet he makes Ben Watson sit next to him so he can regale him with stories of "how lucky Watson is nowadays as broken legs were much worse in my day and he doesn't know how lucky he is".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.