Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cityboy5 said:
jayblue said:
Apologies if elsewhere but if we win, when will the semis be ?

-- Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:01 pm --

Apologies if elsewhere but if we win, when will the semis be ?
qezagesa.jpg
When not where ? ;-)

would it not be better to start with our near as damn it best team and get the job done so we are not asking our best players such as Aguero or Vinny to come on and graft their whatsits off to get us back into the tie I know the Facup to some may not be a priority when faced with champs league or league but getting back to Wembley would be great (apart from the dough) and I personally LOVE this competition and possibly another two visits would highly rub it in to our suffering neighbours

aguerooooo said:
would it not be better to start with our near as damn it best team and get the job done so we are not asking our best players such as Aguero or Vinny to come on and graft their whatsits off to get us back into the tie I know the Facup to some may not be a priority when faced with champs league or league but getting back to Wembley would be great (apart from the dough) and I personally LOVE this competition and possibly another two visits would highly rub it in to our suffering neighbours

Absolutely agree. We cannot mess about with an unbalanced team to give players game time. If we perform like we did against Watford first half Wigan are good enough to hold out!

Start to as near full strength as possible, maybe resting one or two i.e. Zaba. We are more likely to win the FA Cup than the Champions League, even if we were to get through against Barca next week. Our biggest game is always the next game. Wigan are in very good form, and won't mess up like Watford did if we arent good enough.

Perfect draw - a reunion with a club legend and a chance of revenge. Plus what a buzz it is knowing that a week after winning a trophy at Wembley, we will be on our away back there if we win.

In terms of the team, I'd go with:

Pantilimon

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Navas
Fernandinho
Garcia
Milner

Aguero
Negredo

Subs: Hart, Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Yaya, Lopes/Rodwell, Dzeko

Sergio certainly needs to start, as he needs game-time to regain his fitness. I would play Beast alongside him.

Nasri too, as he is also coming back from injury and they will have had more than a week of recovery time since the last match, though I would rest Merlin and play one of our biblical boys - James or Jesús - on the right.

Javi deserves a start, with Ferna and YaYa playing a half each.

I would play Lescott alongside Vinnie, with Richards and Clichy at full-back and Costel in goal, obviously.

Pantilimon

Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy

Garcia

YaYa / Ferna

Milner, Agüero, Nasri

Negredo<br /><br />-- 04 Mar 2014, 23:07 --<br /><br />
Motty said:
Perfect draw - a reunion with a club legend and a chance of revenge. Plus what a buzz it is knowing that a week after winning a trophy at Wembley, we will be on our away back there if we win.

In terms of the team, I'd go with:

Pantilimon

Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Navas
Fernandinho
Garcia
Milner

Aguero
Negredo

Subs: Hart, Demichelis, Kolarov, Nasri, Yaya, Lopes/Rodwell, Dzeko

That is scarily similar to my team, Motty.

English Lesson in the Czech Republic singing about judas

quote="bluesteve1964"]
GOATERS HEAD GROOVES said:
Drop Dzeko and bring back the mackem lover - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUrVQULIbk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUrVQULIbk</a>

What is all that about?? Very funny. Love to know the story behind it.[/quote]

i would play comp-lescott together to give them a chance to re calibrate the partner ship for barca game.

also would play beast and kun together at least for a half.

in the middle would play toure and fern one half each and nasri silva half each

so it will be

--------------------------pantilimon

richards-------comp----------lescott-----------clinchy

-------------toure/fern----------milner

navas-------------------------------------------------silva/nasri

------------------kun/garcia as cm--------------beaast----------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.