Man City's first result of your life

10/08/1968 English Division One (old) LiverpoolAway1-2
14/08/1968 English Division One (old) Wolverhampton WanderersHome3-2
17/08/1968 English Division One (old) Manchester UnitedHome0-0
21/08/1968 English Division One (old) Leicester CityAway0-3
24/08/1968 English Division One (old) Queens Park RangersAway1-1

I was born about 6pm on the day of the Qpr game. Just in time for the footy results on a Saturday evening.
It looks like we would have been top of the table judging by the results previous to that on 8 points from 5 games. (2 points for a win in old money).

1st game after I was born was Chelsea home which we won 3:2 in Sept 1973.
Franny Lee grabbed two and I was given the name "Lee" as a middle name thereafter. (Not sure it was directly linked to this game or my dads fave player in general)

2-0 away win at Palace at the start of the 83/84 season (Andy May & Derek Parlane)

Incidentially, the last game before I was born, by just a few days, was Luton sending us down on 14th May 1983. It is the 40th aniversary of that this Sunday (& yes that means it's my 40th next week as well!)

12/11/1988 (I was born 2 days earlier)

We beat Watford 3-1 at home

This was the season I started going, my first game being a couple of month earlier.

At this game I won a competition through the Junior Blues which had soemthing to do with Mars I think as somewhere there is a picture of me at the side of the piutch at half time of this game getting a load of Mars branded goodies (bags etc...) as the prize. I rememer we sat high up in the Main stand and it just thinking how huge the stand was as little kid

I've not checked, but it was probably against Glossop or Stalybridge Celtic or someone like that

I MUST win this, it's just so bEAutiful!!
First game after I was born (and it really is):
Was in the padock opposite the main stand and the Scum fans were gloating early on when they went 1 up. By the final whistle they were leaving in droves as we mocked them big time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.