Votes: 84 29.5%
  • Sterling

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Foden

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • NONE OF THEM

Votes: 94 33.0%

• Total voters
Mahrez has one of the best first touches in world football, but his second is shite, especially when the ball is one circumference from the touchline, and he tries to take three touches on the outside of the full back
Goal Kick every time

I’m not saying Rodri is a bad player, way too slow, yes, but not bad. His problem is is that he plays too far up the field. He’s our defensive midfielder and should stick to that. He shouldn’t be allowed in the attacking third unless it’s a corner. Tonight, against Spurs, he should’ve been told to just sit in the hole in front of our centre halves and to stop Kane when he dropped into there. But no, he was 20yds further up the pitch and looked like he was pulling a cart when he had to try and run back. Bad positioning is his problem. And that is the manager’s fault.

Jesus was impressive in his link up play, dribbling, and effort. Not a perfect game but a cut above most of the rest. He definitely looks to have taken a step up of sorts; he's becoming a lot more efficient with his skill.

I agree that Rodri too did better than most others. I felt he played with a far more level headedness than others. He's clearly not prodigious like Busquets was, but I reckon in time he could become a Xabi Alonso like player for us.

Dias and Cancelo were ok. Kane had a great game that many defenders had they been in our team would have struggled with, and I think had it been another defender they would have done A LOT worse than Dias did. He's like Kompany Jr; he even fouls the same way he did. Cancelo is growing on me by the game. He's both a better attacker and defender than I realised, which is impressive on the left.

Mahrez and Bernardo were poor. Mahrez played like someone who hasn't trained in 2 years. And Bernardo seems so tepid.

Everyone else was meh. Torres showed flashes of quality early on but that was it. De Bruyne was fleeting but still did a lot of high quality things throughout, and should have got 2 assists off of freekicks. Laporte was actually solid, and did great to put the ball in the net. But he had a few (critically) bad moments to knock his rating down. Walker blew hot and cold, and his general inability showed at times, but I think as the game was looking more out of sight he and Jesus were the only two to look like they gave a shit, so I'll give him that.

So naturally I went for Sterling for his new haircut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.