Man shot dead in Droylsdon/ Cotton Tree Pub

tasker said:
levets said:
tommyhair said:
Shoot someone and get arested the day after, this lot are very clever. Why not go in without the gun and smack him

The police knew who did it immediately.... as did the Shorts.
so why have they not arrested them yet?

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1537707_droylsden-pub-shooting-four-arrested-over-death-of-23-year-old-mark-short" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... mark-short</a>

glen quagmire said:
tasker said:
levets said:
The police knew who did it immediately.... as did the Shorts.
so why have they not arrested them yet?

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1537707_droylsden-pub-shooting-four-arrested-over-death-of-23-year-old-mark-short" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... mark-short</a>
they have been bailed

Yea I think one of them has been shot before, and run over from wheat I hear. A few attempts on them I think

Challenger1978 said:
Was it a Short that was shot or attacked with a machete or something at the top end of north road near Edge Lane a while ago ?

Yea heard the same,
rickmcfc said:
I heard that the guy shot had apparently hit a young girl for no reason. Probably bullshit, but this was in revenge of him doing that.

TGR said:
DortmundDummy said:
totallywired said:
Yep it`s a shit place, the bnp always get plenty of votes. That says it all really.
Well actually no it is`nt a shit place (Droylsden) its always had a problem though with the shit areas arround it, even in the 70`s, with people coming in from surrounding areas aka Clayton Gorton Openshaw Abbey Hey etc who remembers the many `Concord battles` every tuesday. If it is one of the names I`ve heard mentioned (clayton) that family is responsible for the closure of other pubs due to `Taxing` landlords and wrecking pubs if they did`nt pay up !
As for you `MadMac` of Holly St and Exile of Devon i`ve been in and drank with you many times in the Cotton and the Church `Happy Daze` ;))
BTW I was in the Tapas bar virtually next door most of last night and left just before this incident, two friends left us and went in the Cotton Tree ten minutes before this happened, but supped up and went elsewhere because some `girls` were fighting and the `atmosphere` was`nt right......Good shout that !!!

I remember the 'Concord battles' well! Also with the boys from Failsworth (one of then got killed when he was hit over the head with an exhaust pipe one night). I got worked over a couple of times pretty badly by the Claytoners when in the disco at the Concord Suite. Also the 'St Valentines Day' agrro at a disco held at Fairfield Road girls school. The Claytoners called a truce and then they kicked off in the disco - got pretty nasty! But hey that was the 70's with skinheads, football aggro etc it was a pretty violent time back then. Happy days though. I'm Droylsden boy through and through but when I go back now to visit my brother it saddens me to see just how run down it has become. The beer garden at the Blue Pig used to be magic on Bank Holiday weekends but I also remember one afternoon when a lad got glassed and lost his eye in their. Carriages night club was always a good night in the 80's!

Back in the late 70's we had running battles with Droylsden, Clayton, Limeside and Newton Heath every night. Nothing to be proud of but, that's the way it was. There was a lad named Jarvis from Droylsden that was battered to death with a golf club one night near bluebell woods. Stupid kids. No wonder my Mum dragged us out.

tommyhair said:
Yea heard the same,
rickmcfc said:
I heard that the guy shot had apparently hit a young girl for no reason. Probably bullshit, but this was in revenge of him doing that.

Never cease to amaze me these daft fuckers that execute someone with a gun. I watched on laughing a couple of years ago as a Gooch Close kid barricaded himself in his cell crying, as he didn't want to be moved to HMP Full Sutton.
He had got a rec of 32yrs, dispersal nick was the only place he was going. He must have expected he could stay at Strangeways. The reality had hit home I think.

Yea I remember Clayton and newton Heath would be fighting all the time,
Barcon said:
TGR said:
DortmundDummy said:
Well actually no it is`nt a shit place (Droylsden) its always had a problem though with the shit areas arround it, even in the 70`s, with people coming in from surrounding areas aka Clayton Gorton Openshaw Abbey Hey etc who remembers the many `Concord battles` every tuesday. If it is one of the names I`ve heard mentioned (clayton) that family is responsible for the closure of other pubs due to `Taxing` landlords and wrecking pubs if they did`nt pay up !
As for you `MadMac` of Holly St and Exile of Devon i`ve been in and drank with you many times in the Cotton and the Church `Happy Daze` ;))
BTW I was in the Tapas bar virtually next door most of last night and left just before this incident, two friends left us and went in the Cotton Tree ten minutes before this happened, but supped up and went elsewhere because some `girls` were fighting and the `atmosphere` was`nt right......Good shout that !!!

I remember the 'Concord battles' well! Also with the boys from Failsworth (one of then got killed when he was hit over the head with an exhaust pipe one night). I got worked over a couple of times pretty badly by the Claytoners when in the disco at the Concord Suite. Also the 'St Valentines Day' agrro at a disco held at Fairfield Road girls school. The Claytoners called a truce and then they kicked off in the disco - got pretty nasty! But hey that was the 70's with skinheads, football aggro etc it was a pretty violent time back then. Happy days though. I'm Droylsden boy through and through but when I go back now to visit my brother it saddens me to see just how run down it has become. The beer garden at the Blue Pig used to be magic on Bank Holiday weekends but I also remember one afternoon when a lad got glassed and lost his eye in their. Carriages night club was always a good night in the 80's!

Back in the late 70's we had running battles with Droylsden, Clayton, Limeside and Newton Heath every night. Nothing to be proud of but, that's the way it was. There was a lad named Jarvis from Droylsden that was battered to death with a golf club one night near bluebell woods. Stupid kids. No wonder my Mum dragged us out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.