Man shot dead in Droylsdon/ Cotton Tree Pub

Davs 19 said:
nw42 said:
bobmcfc said:
There are No pubs in Clayton anymore worth going in now. Everything has shut down so the pubs in droylsden are the only place to go now. We used to go in the Humphrey cheetham, was gutted when it shut

A mate's brother had the Humphrey Chetham for a while early 80's, did you use it back then? Was a decent boozer as I recall, although he did struggle to get a grip of it at first, the locals had been used to calling time when they were ready. Although he had no problems accommodating them it needed to be on his terms, tough call but he braved it out for a couple of years at least.

Used to have a mate lived over the road from there, is Louisa Street still standing?

Yep, but that's of the old road, not the new road.
it is, it's in Openshaw, i lived just off there

squirtyflower said:
Davs 19 said:
nw42 said:
A mate's brother had the Humphrey Chetham for a while early 80's, did you use it back then? Was a decent boozer as I recall, although he did struggle to get a grip of it at first, the locals had been used to calling time when they were ready. Although he had no problems accommodating them it needed to be on his terms, tough call but he braved it out for a couple of years at least.

Used to have a mate lived over the road from there, is Louisa Street still standing?

Yep, but that's of the old road, not the new road.
it is, it's in Openshaw, i lived just off there

My mistake, cheers.

nw42 said:
bobmcfc said:
There are No pubs in Clayton anymore worth going in now. Everything has shut down so the pubs in droylsden are the only place to go now. We used to go in the Humphrey cheetham, was gutted when it shut

Not in the 80s, 2000 onwards. Always had lock ins and it was a good laugh.

Droylsden has been in decline for quite a few years. You only have to look at the range of shops to see how a town is doing, and Droylsden isn't doing well. The precinct has various cheap shops Wilkinsons, Quality Save, Poundstretcher, Bright house a Pawn shop and several Charity shops, long gone are the decent butchers and greengrocers.

I know the short family well, not this new generation, but the older ones, so mark would be one of there kids. I think there's been a few attempts on there life over the years,

Bluebee2 said:
Droylsden has been in decline for quite a few years. You only have to look at the range of shops to see how a town is doing, and Droylsden isn't doing well. The precinct has various cheap shops Wilkinsons, Quality Save, Poundstretcher, Bright house a Pawn shop and several Charity shops, long gone are the decent butchers and greengrocers.

Broken Britain. We are all f*cked, but some of us appear to be armed and ready.

The car they used was found burnt out on my estate, id imagine they were going towards woodhead/sheffield way but obviously didnt get that far and blew it up. Scum.

Shoot someone and get arested the day after, this lot are very clever. Why not go in without the gun and smack him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.