Man U Ref watch - how many points will they gain?

sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:
So we have sjk2008, Pigeonho, The cookie monster and nijinsky's fetlocks ALL refusing to answer the question about whether they believe United benefit more from "incorrect" decisions over the course of a season and if so why they believe that to be the case, surprise surprise.

Benefit more than who? City or every club in the league.

I can't answer that because I haven't seen every 'decision' of every game in a season.

If I was to make an educated guess based on last season, I would say they fell on the side of decisions for, than decisions against, last season, yes. Nobody ever hears of whether Norwich, WBA, Swansea et al and whether they have been hard done by because noone on here really gives a fuck about them.

If someone could list down every decision that went United's way last season and put up every decision that went against them, then that would help. Although I suspect it's only the decisions that went in their favour that would get regularly highlighted on here because anything that goes against them is immediately rebuffed with a response such as 'So what, they get enough decisions that benefit them anyway'. Plus, the whole argument is selective anyway, as what one considers a foul, another would disagree.

Very vague response, we all know there were lists on the forum which were pretty conclusive from last season and you admit yourself based on last season decisions "fell on the side of" favouring United, yet there's no explanation as to why? Or an explanation to why we can all predict that it will happen again this season? Even nijinsky's fetlocks has now admitted that there is a bias with the Top 4 and has been for a long time but can't give a reason why.

Cityfan1977 said:
Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
That he was unsighted for?

Come off it, you know full well what I said was correct. That have done very well out of decisions this season and are only level with us due to the wrngs of decision giving them a net gain and us a net loss.
Unsighted? He is staring right at it! If his view was blocked however, if he was part of this myth, surely he would have given the penalty anyway? It was a penalty afterall, so not many would have complained, apart from possibly a few moaners on here.

Well , do you know what mr Foy will be doing next saturday

npower League 2

Accrington Stanley v Rochdale
CHRISTOPHER FOY
Simon Long and Kevin Mattocks
Fourth Official Scott Mathieson

And please do explain this

FACTS : 1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn’t refereed a Manchester United game since.

2. Mike Dean – referee, in 2010, after Manchester United‘s defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.

3. Alan Wiley, called „fat and unfit“ by Alex after Manchester United‘s draw with Sunderland,“ agreed to retire“ that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool.

4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United‘s 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn’t refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3)

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United‘s defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn’t refereed Manchester United game since.

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn’t been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United‘s most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City.

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United.

9. Manchester United‘s CEO is on the board of The FA.

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn’t done since the 2001-02 season…..

i hope you dont expect an answer, well, you might but it will have little relevance to the questions asked

The cookie monster said:
cyprustavern said:
The cookie monster said:
As fetlocks said top 4 may get slightly more favourable decisions and thats about it..
And like i said earlier we won the league thanks to webbs mistake..
So looks like we profited the most..

As we are the fuckin Champions!

ok but webbs `mistakes` werent pivotal ...more crucial was the fact we beat utd twice and therefore had a 6 point swing , but we will see what happens as the season goes on.
What do you mean webbs mistakes wernt pivotal
He won us the league through his drop bollock,i would have him reffing all our games
He must be a blue.

what drop bollock ? an award of a clear penalty? ....or you still on about the `blatant` stamp that neither webb nor the commentators or spurs fans were aggrieved about til redknapp senior and junior made a meal of it and sky turned it into a crime of holocaust proportions ?

fatbloke said:
sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:
So we have sjk2008, Pigeonho, The cookie monster and nijinsky's fetlocks ALL refusing to answer the question about whether they believe United benefit more from "incorrect" decisions over the course of a season and if so why they believe that to be the case, surprise surprise.

I can't answer that because I haven't seen every 'decision' of every game in a season.

If I was to make an educated guess based on last season, I would say they fell on the side of decisions for, than decisions against, last season, yes. Nobody ever hears of whether Norwich, WBA, Swansea et al and whether they have been hard done by because noone on here really gives a fuck about them.

If someone could list down every decision that went United's way last season and put up every decision that went against them, then that would help. Although I suspect it's only the decisions that went in their favour that would get regularly highlighted on here because anything that goes against them is immediately rebuffed with a response such as 'So what, they get enough decisions that benefit them anyway'. Plus, the whole argument is selective anyway, as what one considers a foul, another would disagree.

Very vague response, we all know there were lists on the forum which were pretty conclusive from last season and you admit yourself based on last season decisions "fell on the side of" favouring United, yet there's no explanation as to why? Or an explanation to why we can all predict that it will happen again this season? Even nijinsky's fetlocks has now admitted that there is a bias with the Top 4 and has been for a long time but can't give a reason why.

For fuck sake, I've given my reason enough times.

I agree with Nij, that over the last decade or so, the traditional Sky4 have do get the rub of the green sometimes when it comes to decisions. I think, in a few years time, you will probably find City benefitting too.

Why, you ask?

IMO, it's simply down to certain referees bottling certain decisions and, unless they are 100% convinced, they would rather err on the side of caution. Whether that's because they're shitbags who can't handle the flak from a large hostile crowd or a few nasty words from the 'Bigger' team's manager, I don't know.

I simply don't believe they are 'cheating' as such.

Cityfan1977 said:
Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
That he was unsighted for?

Come off it, you know full well what I said was correct. That have done very well out of decisions this season and are only level with us due to the wrngs of decision giving them a net gain and us a net loss.
Unsighted? He is staring right at it! If his view was blocked however, if he was part of this myth, surely he would have given the penalty anyway? It was a penalty afterall, so not many would have complained, apart from possibly a few moaners on here.

Well , do you know what mr Foy will be doing next saturday

npower League 2

Accrington Stanley v Rochdale
CHRISTOPHER FOY
Simon Long and Kevin Mattocks
Fourth Official Scott Mathieson

And please do explain this

FACTS : 1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn’t refereed a Manchester United game since.

2. Mike Dean – referee, in 2010, after Manchester United‘s defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship.

3. Alan Wiley, called „fat and unfit“ by Alex after Manchester United‘s draw with Sunderland,“ agreed to retire“ that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool.

4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United‘s 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn’t refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3)

5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United‘s defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn’t refereed Manchester United game since.

6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn’t been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off.

7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United‘s most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City.

8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United.

9. Manchester United‘s CEO is on the board of The FA.

10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn’t done since the 2001-02 season…..

This was posted earlier:

Atkinson referees Man United's 4-0 win over Charlton at OT in May '06

He doesn't referee there again for 12 months until he returns for Man United's 1-0 defeat to West Ham.

He's back 4 months later to oversee Utd beat Sunderland.

Then another 4 months later he's back to oversee a Utd win over Portsmouth.

He doesn't referee another game at Old Trafford for 11 months, when he officiates over another Utd win - against Middlesbrough and doesn't return to Old Trafford for another 9 months, until the 4-3 Manchester Derby.

So, whilst people are going on about Clattenberg not reffing at OT since the Derby nearly 12 months ago after a 1-6 loss, the above gives examples of Atkinson not reffing at OT for a 12 month period following a win. Is that because Charlton complained perhaps?

Even after reffing a 1-0 home loss, he's back again after 4 months to ref another game.

Then another example following a win over Middlesbrough where he's 'banished from officiating at OT' for another year?

Now I am not saying there is a procedure or set pattern on how refs are assigned, but the above post shows that sometimes, even following a United win at OT, that the same referee doesn't return for a good year and even after a home loss, that same referee returned in no less than 4 months.

sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:
sjk2008 said:

I agree with Nij, that over the last decade or so, the traditional Sky4 have do get the rub of the green sometimes when it comes to decisions. I think, in a few years time, you will probably find City benefitting too.

Why, you ask?

IMO, it's simply down to certain referees bottling certain decisions and, unless they are 100% convinced, they would rather err on the side of caution. Whether that's because they're shitbags who can't handle the flak from a large hostile crowd or a few nasty words from the 'Bigger' team's manager, I don't know.

So essentially you're saying officials don't make honest decisions becayse they are influenced by big clubs? None bigger than United in terms of revenue and fan base.

fatbloke said:
sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:

Why, you ask?

So essentially you're saying officials don't ake honest decisions because they are influenced by big clubs? None bigger than United in terms oevenue and fan base.

No, I'm saying some referees may prefer to err on the side of caution and not commit to a decision unless they were 100% sure when it involves a big club, not just United.

If Barcelona played Port Vale at the Camp Nou tomorrow and both sides had a penalty shout, I'd hazard a guess that most referees would be more likely to award one to Barca than Port Vale, unless they were 100% sure it was a cast iron pen then they'd award Port Vale one.

Whether we need more Ballsy referees I don't know but perhaps, they are either shitbags or shit refs.

sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:
sjk2008 said:

Why, you ask?

So essentially you're saying officials don't ake honest decisions because they are influenced by big clubs? None bigger than United in terms oevenue and fan base.

No, I'm saying some referees may prefer to err on the side of caution and not commit to a decision unless they were 100% sure when it involves a big club, not just United.

If Barcelona played Port Vale at the Camp Nou tomorrow and both sides had a penalty shout, I'd hazard a guess that most referees would be more likely to award one to Barca than Port Vale, unless they were 100% sure it was a cast iron pen then they'd award Port Vale one.

Whether we need more Ballsy referees I don't know but perhaps, they are either shitbags or shit refs.

Either way you're questioning the integrity of referee's and saying they are influenced by "bigger" clubs, which in essence is exactly what people are saying and you're refusing to accept in this thread - whatever the reasoning or motives behind it. So United are gaining points from decisions, the title of the thread.

sjk2008 said:
fatbloke said:
sjk2008 said:

Why, you ask?

So "bias" is your diagnosis even though you disagreed when I suggested bias.

cyprustavern said:
The cookie monster said:
cyprustavern said:
ok but webbs `mistakes` werent pivotal ...more crucial was the fact we beat utd twice and therefore had a 6 point swing , but we will see what happens as the season goes on.
What do you mean webbs mistakes wernt pivotal
He won us the league through his drop bollock,i would have him reffing all our games
He must be a blue.

what drop bollock ? an award of a clear penalty? ....or you still on about the `blatant` stamp that neither webb nor the commentators or spurs fans were aggrieved about til redknapp senior and junior made a meal of it and sky turned it into a crime of holocaust proportions ?
Like i said howard webb helped us win the league
Can do know wrong in my eyes,guys a legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.