man u v sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed feelings about them going out. I really wanted to beat them at Wembley but I will enjoy the game and the weekend more by not having to worry about being beaten by them, it could happen, and not having to mingle with their scumbag supporters as I did it 2011. Fuck off back to Manchester... Really!

Sigh said:
Blue Punter said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Has this been posted yet:

Benqm7ECMAAYW_V.jpg

That's quality.

Original:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/World_Cup/article329225.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... 329225.ece</a>

Can't read it all as not a subscriber. Anyone cut and paste?

edit: got it.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/06/27/moyes-shootout-strategy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2 ... t-strategy</a>

David Moyes says England have no reason to fear a penalty shootout at the World Cup - as long as they're all in it together.

The Everton boss has experienced both the agony and the ecstacy of spotkicks during his time at Goodison Park and believes taking a collective responsibility is the best way to ease the pressure on individuals.

In 2008, Moyes' European dream ended when the Blues were eliminated from the UEFA Cup after a penalty shootout defeat against Fiorentina. But a year later he saw his side progress to the FA Cup final with a near-impeccable showing from the spot against Manchester United.

> Moyes Spreads The Word

Having also led Preston North End to shootout success against Birmingham City in the 2001 Division One play off semi-finals, the Scot is certain an 'all for one, one for all' strategy works best.

"In a good team you win together and you lose together," he said in his latest column for the Sunday Times. "The penalty shootout is the loneliest experience in football and the trick is to make participants feel they are less on their own.

"The players taking spot-kicks need to know that responsibility does not weigh solely on their shoulders but is shared, and the same goes for your goalkeeper.

"As a manager, you can take pressure off your men by making yourself accountable for success and failure."

Moyes' theory revolves around devising a plan of where every player is going to place the ball before the game and sticking to it

"This means that when your players walk up to the spot they — and, more importantly, you — have decided exactly what they’re going to do," he explained. "When we won against Manchester United, all my lads did exactly, from the spot, what we’d said they would beforehand. I feel you take pressure away from individuals that way.

"You say to a player: “All I want you to do is X.” If it doesn’t go in, then fine. We score together, we miss together when it is penalties."

Should England's players be required to make the dreaded walk from the half way line against Germany on Sunday, Moyes believes boss Fabio Capello will have a masterplan to call upon.

Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe revealed earlier this week that the Three Lions have been rehearsing spot kicks since they touched down in Austria for their pre-tournament training camp and the Everton boss believes such thorough practice can reap rewards for both player and manager.

"You get everyone in your squad to attempt spot-kicks in training — everyone, because there are some players you don’t imagine will be good at them who turn out to be excellent takers," continued Moyes.

"You find some players are naturals at it, some just don’t have the knack, and there are some who are coachable — by working with them technically and mentally you can make them good from 12 yards.

"As you’d expect from such a thorough and experienced coach, Fabio Capello has had his squad practising penalties since they got together a month ago and he will know in advance his ideal takers should England go to penalties against Germany. My guess is that Capello knows not just his best five takers but also his next five."

Moyes also told of his own penalty hell as a player, revealing he knows exactly how it feels to be the man who missed.

"It was for Bristol City versus Mansfield in the Freight Rover final, 1987. All week in training I’d been mashing them down the middle and beating the keeper but, having played 120 minutes, I had cramp in both legs and hit my kick as if my foot was a shovel.

"It was in front of 58,000 fans at Wembley and it was a sudden-death effort: because I missed, we lost the shootout 5-4. That day I took two penalties: my first and also my last."
he needs to tell some of them to pick better spots.

I want to tell you, I might as well do
about a boy named Dan Wellbeck
he took a spot kick
bounced off the red bricks
Davey’s side, Davey’s side, Davey’s side!

about a boy named Januzaj
he took a spot kick
totally scuffed it

about a boy named Phillip Jones
he took a spot kick
sent it to orbit

about a boy named Rafael
he missed a spot kick
cos he’s a right dick

I thought I'd switched over to the 'Comedy Gold' channel.

P.S. Did all the English players miss at the penalty shoot-out? World cup year beckons....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.