Man United (A) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We love to rubbish the rags and put them well I'm their place plenty of times since the Stoke semi. We're still capable of beating them convincingly if we're up for it but the way they put West Ham to bed was impressive. They have to get a result against Leipzig therefore they will play a strong team and we should be ok from resting our main players on Wednesday. I'd like to see Foden with De Druyne in midfield and also like to see Sterling on the right because every time he's faced Wan-Bissaka he couldn't beat him.

I'm going for a cagey 1-1.

The biggest isssue is that, like most teams, United will target Mendy. He is the weak defensive link. Pep has deflected some of the problems Mendy brings by playing Dias on the left side but this is still our most vulnerable area. Mendy v Rashford or Cavani doesn't fill me with confidence though I am sure Pep has a plan. If we solve this we will win the match.
United won’t target Mendy. There is no need. They will simply target our entire formation. Which means Twat it long and chase after it. Defend like their lives depend on it and then “if the big fat kid gets it kick it at hard as he can and let the fast running kid out sprint us and try and score”

All I ask from this game is that we beat the so and so's. I don't care if it is a 0-1 but we HAVE to beat them. I've got 7 brothers and a son in law supporting them and I won't be answering any phone/Zoom calls for a month if we don't beat them!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CITY BEAT THEM!!! :-)

Stay safe, take care everyone. :-)

Would love our attack to click in this game and put a few past them. We're looking great defensively, but they will get at least one penalty so we'll need 2 or 3 goals I'd imagine.

United won’t target Mendy. There is no need. They will simply target our entire formation. Which means Twat it long and chase after it. Defend like their lives depend on it and then “if the big fat kid gets it kick it at hard as he can and let the fast running kid out sprint us and try and score”

I think you forgot to add "let our pigeon catcher wander up around Uniteds penalty area for most of the game."

I think they have moved on a bit since the days of David Moyes and we should not underestimate them. We walked into their trap the last two times. I would like us to sit back a bit. The Rags have struggled at home and are not very creative.
I think Pep will be pragmatic as he has been most of the season. It's not as pretty to watch but I think the Lyon match was a watershed moment for us. A 1-0 win will do me.

I've no idea how this one might pan out. I've usually been confident of beating them going into the game over the last few years but our form against them recently has been patchy. We still haven't clicked fully yet this season either, there's been glimpses of it but this would be a good game for that to happen and give them a hiding. I'd take any kind of win though.

I would take any win even 1-0. This will be a game changer for title race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.