Man United (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish that wasn't the case, but how true. And against Liverpool. He has a mental block of some kind but he played really well I thought last night and I have to say I think I would give him yet another go at getting the derby Monkey off his back. He cannot play shit against them forever, surely???
Didnt he score and play well against Liverpiol this season, no?

Mahrez has thrown a spanner in the works in my opinion, he has been very good of late and I don't see how Pep can drop him. My feeling was that he would start with Sterling on the right and Foden on the left with Jesus in the middle. Sterling has had little change from Wan Bissaka and that why i thought he may play him from the right. To do this would mean dropping Mahrez or playing Sterling in place of Jesus.

I admire your optimism, but a lot might also depend on their result tonight at Palace.

United are a very dangerous team on the counter, which is why they are unbeaten in 20 games on their travels.

We saw how we struggled for five or ten minute periods against West Ham and Wolves when we allowed the game to stretch out, suddenly Rodri was all alone in the middle.

Big decision for Pep, whilst everyone would expect us to go for a win, we don't need to chase it, they do.
I don't disagree with that. Although, they won't go for the win and will be happy with a nil nil, watching any of their games against the top 6 they don't have the balls to go for it - 1 goal on 7 games and that was in a 6-1 hammering.

I can see them maybe, maybe getting a draw if they're lucky

Mahrez has thrown a spanner in the works in my opinion, he has been very good of late and I don't see how Pep can drop him. My feeling was that he would start with Sterling on the right and Foden on the left with Jesus in the middle. Sterling has had little change from Wan Bissaka and that why i thought he may play him from the right. To do this would mean dropping Mahrez or playing Sterling in place of Jesus.

Something that Mahrez really adds to us is that he stays right on the touchline, and you know that whenever someone pings a 40 yarder at him, his control and touch is so good that it sticks instantly, which gives the opposition a problem. Do they let him have space to run at them? Not a good idea. Arsenal did that and were 1 down within two minutes. Does the full back go out to challenge him? Not a good idea. That leaves a big gap between full back and the central defenders that someone else can exploit. Do they double up on him? Not a good idea. That means they are one light elsewhere, or they are all working so hard that they are knackered after 60 minutes.

I think Mahrez, Foden and Aguero start on Sunday.

Think we may use tactics similar to that at Anfield: wear them down patiently and then go for the jugular in the 2nd half. It will be their 3rd game in 7 days and they are not likely to have much in the tank in the last 20 minutes. We made 7 changes against West Ham and 6 changes vs Wolves, so we are likely to be the fresher team. Plus a draw is a worse result for them, if they want to challenge for the title.

They are not bad, have a lot of athleticism and speed, make quick transitions, etc. Therefore, it's better to be careful and cautious, no need to go at them from the start, but also no need to be too cautious and passive. Play with patience and confidence and raise the tempo in the 2nd half. Chances are we will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.