Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tie is not over yet we need to finish the job, like first leg I would play with no striker, unlike the league game we don't need to score and take too many risks exposing ourselves to counters, give them a little possession and hit them with counters like we did in the first leg, let them have a little taste of their medicine, no need to risk Mendy or Laporte and save them for the Spurs game. For Sterling play him tomorrow and rotate with Jesus for the Spurs game. I will be happy with a narrow win or a draw, save our energy for the Spurs game. That said Pep knows the derby means a lot to the fans and might go with a strong side to give them a beating

MANU game:
Bravo, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Otamendi, zinchenko, Gundogan, Rodri, KDB, Bernardo, Silva, Sterling

Spurs game:
Hopefully if everyone is fit we line up like this and keep this overall unchanged until the Madrid game.
Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Fernandinho, Laporte, Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, Jesus, Aguero, Mahrez

Marriner in charge which bodes well for us. We’ve won 65% of games with him in charge, Scum have won 50%. Were his highest win % across all teams of all time.

Betfair have the Rags to qualify at 40/1 which seems generous. Thinking about an insurance bet.

A mate told me about this and I couldn't believe the odds. People might scoff but it isn't unfeasible the rags could win 2-0 and go through on penalties, it's worth a quid to soften the blow if the worst happens.

A mate told me about this and I couldn't believe the odds. People might scoff but it isn't unfeasible the rags could win 2-0 and go through on penalties, it's worth a quid to soften the blow if the worst happens.
I'd have to have more than a quid on that to soften the blow and I'm not prepared to chuck money away either.

Not able to copy and paste this tweet:

@footballisfixed
#VAR hasn't been used in the #CarabaoCup this season apart from the Semi Finals 1st Legs despite having been used throughout the competition last year. There's no VAR for the 2nd legs this week.
Why only have VAR for 2 games in the whole tournament?

If true, it's Marriner and no VAR in 2nd leg semis:
https://ratetheref.createaforum.com...5/?PHPSESSID=e93ed7847065f9198670cfc75c3f6435

2nd Leg

Tue 28th Jan 2020
Villa FC (First Team) v Leicester City FC (First Team)
EFL Cup
Referee: Dean, Michael
Assistant Referee: Hussin, Ian
Assistant Referee: Scholes, Mark
Fourth Official: Hooper, Simon

Wed 29th Jan 2020
Manchester City FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team)
EFL Cup
Referee: Marriner, Andre
Assistant Referee: Long, Simon
Assistant Referee: West, Richard
Fourth Official: Bankes, Peter

Now updated for VAR officials (don't know why not confirmed earlier):

Tue 28th Jan 2020
Villa FC (First Team) v Leicester City FC (First Team)
EFL Cup
Referee: Dean, Michael
Assistant Referee: Hussin, Ian
Assistant Referee: Scholes, Mark
Fourth Official: Hooper, Simon
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Holmes, Adrian

Wed 29th Jan 2020
Manchester City FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team)
EFL Cup
Referee: Marriner, Andre
Assistant Referee: Long, Simon
Assistant Referee: West, Richard
Fourth Official: Bankes, Peter
Video Assistant Referee: Atkinson, Martin
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Child, Stephen

Hope we win this, we are better, far better.
Btw United have signed Bruno Fernandes, closed deal. Great sign but with that coach, thats not enough.

Ederson Walker Otamendi Fernandinho Angelino Rodri Gundogan KDB Bernardo Aguero Mahrez

Didnt spotted Mendy n Laporte on the last training session video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.