Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the nonsense about attendance, or lack of, the game has gone a little bit under the radar. Anyway, go and smash em boys, from the 1st minute to the last. They'll be up for this, make no mistake, so we need to be on it from the start. Come on you blue boys.

It's a derby so weird stuff can always happen and some of our home performances have been far from convincing, but we really shouldn't be struggling here. Rashford and McTominay are probably their two most important players at the moment, especially for how they deploy against us. McTominay is a physical workhorse with a bit of presence that almost every team who gets a result against us has at least one of. I had thought they might use Matic after seeing how easily we played around their midfield last time but he's so immobile these days it'd be difficult for them to put any pressure on us without leaving gaps somewhere. Seeing some reports he's injured anyway so if it's Fred and Pereira again we should be controlling it in there.

Rashford is fairly one dimensional but it's a dimension that works against us with his powerful and direct running. Not sure how they can replace that, Martial has pace but doesn't really run in behind. Mata these days makes Silva look like Adama Traore in terms of athleticism. The only thing Ligard does really well is hare about like a lunatic, Pereira is alright I suppose but even a team like Watford have at least 3 better attacking mids. As long as we don't play Angelino we should be ok in dealing with James.

Agree with the posts that we should set up to hold possession, keep the ball moving and chances will come. Should they score first please no panic stations and allowing quickfire goals like we have against them in the past.

I’d go:

————————-———Bravo——————
Walker—Fernandinho—Otamendi—Mendy
—————-——Rodri——-Bernardo———-
Mahrez————-De Bruyne————-Jesus
—————————-Aguero——————

Tempted to go for Sterling on the right in the hope he might play himself back into form from his best position. But ultimately should be as strong a team as viable, no fucking about, and Mahrez is rightly ahead of him at the moment.
You’d obviously want Laporte in, but I suspect this game might just be too soon for him. If there’s even the slightest doubt about his fitness, I think he has to miss out.
Ought to be fairly straightforward, given the lead. But I’ve already reconciled myself to us conceding from their first attack, and moments of stress and panicked defending to follow. Class should ultimately win through though.
Hopefully.

According to Sky, Bravo will start again and Laporte is injured..... Gulp!

Talksport just now ... I hope no one else was as daft as I was listening to that shite. Nicole Holliday, Jamie Ohara & Brazil

I'm fully confident we will hammer these. Pep will still have that earlier league game on his agenda. I'm going for a 3 nil pasting.. Goals from Mahrez and a Kun brace.. Come on CITY!!

We have more than enough for them. Their main threat is out. Across the park we are better in every area (ok maybe not goalie). Our coach is in a different stratosphere to theirs. We will win this and win it with a little bit to spare. Yes, they will be up for it but so will we. More Gifs for my Phil Jones collection methinks.

Thoroughly professional performance not giving them a sniff with Kun bagging 2 in the last 15 minutes.
2 - 0 on the night 5 - 2 on aggregate.

5-1 is the aggregate unless they got given a phantom one in the first leg as a bonus for winning the 2nd half at OT.

Also I reckon I would much prefer the 2 goals in the first 15 mins.

Wonder if Mendy being at Leeds last night suggests he might not be involved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.