Man Utd (H) - LC SF 2nd Leg - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to humiliate, embarrass and degrade tonight. May the footballing gods be smiling down.
I'm expecting this tonight.

It's rare a team come to us & have to have a go, all those gaps to exploit rather than a flat back 10 against us.

That being said it'd not surprise me if they play like baconface's rags in 11/12 where they didn't even try to attack and just try to avoid a twating.

It's rare a team come to us & have to have a go, all those gaps to exploit rather than a flat back 10 against us.

That being said it'd not surprise me if they play like baconface's rags in 11/12 where they didn't even try to attack and just try to avoid a twating.

On the other hand they've got fuck all to loose so may as well go for it. That should leave them wide open at the back or do they just sit back and try the usual cowardly trick of catching us on the break.....Decisions, decisions.

I'd guess they're going to try and catch us on the counter like they did in the league game. They caused us a lot of problems that day- good lead for us from the first leg but this is far from over.

Pep Guardiola on @ManUtd: “Their team is good. They have weapons, an enormous big squad and quality there. They can do it. They have quality in the middle, especially with Mata, Lingard, they are big talents..."

“They have incredible players up front. No Marcus Rashford, but Martial and James, a good quality of players in the middle like Greenwood. At set-pieces they have Lindelof, Maguire, Matic, strong, good full-backs - Wan-Bissaka and Shaw..."

"...and a good goalkeeper, who's an international. They have incredible weapons. When they defend deep, they can run in three or four seconds. We experienced that before, when they were incredible on the counter-attack.”

And our team is better.just spit it out pep

He forgot to mention that none of the players he has highlighted woudnt even make our bench , which put this game into perspective.

Taken from the BBC write up of the game tonight:

Head-to-head
  • Manchester City have won just one of their last five home matches against Manchester United (W1 D1 L3), all in the Premier League between 2016 and 2019.
  • Manchester United are looking to record consecutive away victories against Manchester City for the first time since winning four in a row between November 1993 and November 2000, with all wins in that run coming in league games.
  • In all competitions, the home side has won just two of the last 11 matches between Manchester City and Manchester United (W2 D2 L7) - indeed, the away side has won five of the last six, including each of the last three.
Look at the wording of the third bullet. When I read that I read it as we (the home side) had won just two of the last eleven. Thats not right obviously, so it literally means the home side as in irrespective of it being us or United. Thats quite a surprising statistic and should ensure there is no complacency tonight.

I never thought I'd see the day when a 3-1 win at Rag Central was considered a missed opportunity. Get a grip and have some faith in our team.

Missed opportunity? You've just made something up that wasn't said & then told me to get a grip. Who said anything about a missed opportunity or that I have no faith? I fully expect us to destroy them tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.